• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Checkout time when buying a gun from Cabela's

Just one thing to think about......Saturday is the biggest and busiest day of the week for gun buying and calls into NICS for background checks. So if your purchase is going to require a call into NICS, then buy during the week, more in the day hours. It is much quieter and faster for results back. I have had regulars who have gone on to get a "DELAY" only because...(in my opinion) NICS was that backed up on a Saturday....Just something to think about when doing a NEW gun purchase. Of course, any USED purchases, should be referred to the ODT!!

I was in a pawn shop today and saw a guy buying a shotgun, they instructed him to ouse the address on his license on the form even though he clearly stated that wasn't his address then they took the guys photo that was my Que to exit. Oh and he was thinking he was filling out a credit app for a 200.00 shotgun.

I'm glad they are close but I hate walking in there! They try to get me to sign up for their credit card by offering me a free hat every freaking time. They need to stop that BS, be more like Bass pro and just say "Welcome to Cabelas"! Greedy bastards!

Back
Top Bottom