• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Checkout time when buying a gun from Cabela's

I;m just trying to figure out why would you buy a gun from Cabelas in the first place? Don't get me wrong I love Cabelas but I've always seen their prices to be on the high side.

AO this weekend 25 min. Just because they had to find it in the back. I was shocked because of all the stories I have heard.

What a nightmare!

-Found the gun I wanted
-Salesman (who was actually very helpful) begins filling out a bunch of paperwork
-Found out that was just some internal inventory type paperwork, NOT the 4473
-Was directed to the firearms purchase checkout area where my license was inspected by a "hostess" that gave me an ipad
to fill out all of my information and a restaurant style "buzzer" to notify me when my turn was up
-Filled out 4473 info on ipad and gave it back to the hostess and was told that they'd buzz me when they were ready
-25 minutes later, I was buzzed
-Went back to the area and signed the 4473 that was printed from the info I entered in the ipad
-Was then told they'd need another 10 minutes to have the other person, a manager, a janitor, the guy that installed their plumbing, and a boy named Sue verify that everything was correct

45 minutes after saying "I'll take it," I was finally able to leave with my new gun. There were only a few of us in the firearms checkout purgatory, too. It wasn't even crowded. NEVER again with them. I've bought from other big box stores and it was never that much of a pain in the butt. The only reason I bought there was because I had a gift card, otherwise I would've dealt with a smaller store.

Don't you just love the government BS that they put the stores through to keep their Licenses.

You can find a good deal in the Cabela's Gun Library, though it is about as rare as winning the lottery. The last time it took me a little over an hour to check out.

AA usually takes 30 minutes or so. I guess I am in the minority in that I always get treated well at AA.

Edit: That would be AO, not AA. :very_drunk:

I purchased twice from AO and it was easy an relatively fast. I try to shop during the week while most people are at work.

This ^^^

If you go on a rainy Saturday it's gonna be busy, end of story. Try CG&P at when they are busy... no different just on a smaller scale (like what the old AO store used to be).

I've only had one really long wait at AO, and it was because the kid at the register was stoned out of his mind... Haven't seen him there since.

Back
Top Bottom