• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

car audio enthusiasts?

air quality is bad, ur right, but i don't have to breath in more bad air. i don't got a problem until people think it's ok to blow smoke around me. u can smoke indoors at ur own home.

ur comparison to oc/cc in areas that don't allow it isn't very good. smoking contributes to health problems. oc/cc does not

People don't understand how much money and power it takes to gain 1db when your up at that level. When I worked at Tweeter our van hit 167.7 with over 70k invested. If you can ever get to measure the higher db levels of 145 to 155 of something you will definitely notice it getting harder and harder to get louder, especially if your using electronic amplifiers and speakers. This effect keeps getting more and more noticeable the higher db level you go. To go from 130 to 132 db is very easy, from 140 to 142 is O.K., from 150 to 152 db is difficult and from 160 db to 162 db it is very hard, you will need lots and lots more power, sometimes double or maybe triple.
This effect is called "POWER COMPRESSION" (technically, it is "NON-LINEARITY"), and most sound engineers hate it, but get used it. It is the result of a lot of causes like:
1. superheating and overheating of everything, heat is bad, and its everywhere
2. resistance and ohm load changes (long term and instantaneous)
3. magnetic field non-linearity from heating, oversaturation to desaturation
4. electronic field non-linearity from heating, resistance, efficientcy losses, oversaturation
5. air heating, compression, angry atoms DONT do a good job taking orders when are not happy especially orders to get louder.
6. an increasing percent of the TOTAL sound power is turning into wind (instead of pressure)
7. increasing flex and sympathetic vibrations and or vibration from nearby objects including the ground (which releases air pressure)
8. amperage and electron flow non-linearity
9. with loudspeakers, voice coil and suspension non-linearity
I have never seen a car that hit above true 160's that was drivable.

agreed. it was so freaking hard to move between classes as it is, not to mention, people love to do these sounds off in the middle of summer where heat is a byotch to deal with.

air quality is bad, ur right, but i don't have to breath in more bad air. i don't got a problem until people think it's ok to blow smoke around me. u can smoke indoors at ur own home.

ur comparison to oc/cc in areas that don't allow it isn't very good. smoking contributes to health problems. oc/cc does not

Replace blow smoke with carrying guns and thats the exact bs the left uses man. If you have a problem with what someone is doing in public, i suggest you either try to get what they are doing made illegal through legislative measures or get over it. There are plenty of things that could be done to impact public health much more effectively than banning smoking in public.
Just as you say I should smoke in my home. I say if my smoking in public bothers you that bad then go home.

Replace blow smoke with carrying guns and thats the exact bs the left uses man. If you have a problem with what someone is doing in public, i suggest you either try to get what they are doing made illegal through legislative measures or get over it. There are plenty of things that could be done to impact public health much more effectively than banning smoking in public.
Just as you say I should smoke in my home. I say if my smoking in public bothers you that bad then go home.
why do i have to go home if u do something detrimental to both our healths? i don't see how u can justify the comparison between gun control and smoking. unless of course you're that delusional. i said nothing about banning smoking. u took that and ran with it. i stated that the same way somebody else feels about loud music, i feel about people blowing smoke in my face. it's ur right to smoke, fine. i get that. but don't do it at the expense of my health.

didn't really think of it as a pissing match, but none the less i agree.

side note, i'm glad dynamat has gone down in price, but i never used it. just used spray foam instead, much cheaper

Back
Top Bottom