• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

car audio enthusiasts?

I like audio in general..home hi fi, vinyl records, speakers, ect.

This thread is mostly about the heavy bass stuff, but reminds me of all the installs I used to do for friends almost 20 years ago. Last year, I decided I wanted a nice clean sounding sound system in my truck that I could actually hear over the road noise with minimal wiring. Stock chevy stuff was a joke. I also wanted bluetooth. I picked a Pioneer double din and speakers to closely match the built in amp in the receiver. It has plenty of power for my needs. Decided to dynamat all the doors to help with acoustics and road noise. Worked out great and I am happy with the clean sound with out the overbearing bass. I dont listen to bass music anyway and I really didnt see the need to go much below 50Hz.

6.5" with one inch seperates up front and 6.5 coax rears (dont hate on my coaxials:)). I had to custom fit the brackets/mounts. The bluetooth is nice because now all my music is on my phone (no more commercials!) and when it rings the music fades and switches to handsfree talk mode. The mic is near my sun visor and most of the time people cant tell I'm driving. Hope ya like it... only a couple pics...not much to see though.

i154.photobucket.com_albums_s253_chriscole130_IMAG0708.jpg

i154.photobucket.com_albums_s253_chriscole130_IMAG0707.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0700.jpg
    IMAG0700.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMAG0707.jpg
    IMAG0707.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 42
i love the pioneer dashes. they may not make the best subs, but the sure as all hell make the best hu. i'm in the process of putting new speakers in my buddy's 2500 silverado. their factory stuff is so terrible. had holes for tweeters but didn't no tweeters. that's a real clean dynamat job.

as for my home speakers. man that's a whole different story. let's just say i got over $2k in the home set up

side note, i'm glad dynamat has gone down in price, but i never used it. just used spray foam instead, much cheaper

I used rubberized undercoating on the doors, floorboards, sides, and tops inside. After coating the inside of my blazer, i filled the area behind the side panels with 4.5" thick foam, off of a hospital bed. It had zero rattles.

on my personal car is all about sound quality. even though my hearing is just about depleted from audio and guns, i still am a audiophile and only except the best of the best in my own vehicles. on my current daily driver 2009 lexus rx350'
McIntosh MCC406M 6 ch
McIntosh MCC301M mono
McIntosh MSS630 front/back
JL Clean sweep
Jl 8w3w3 custon stealth box
enough sound dampening to kill all road noise! that process took longest out of everything. 600 bucks in just dyno and accumat. i got a nice McIntosh HU i originally wanted to use but i decided to keep everything looking factory as possible. suits everything i need

Last edited:
Thank you! ...I showed the pics to some buddies and they were like what is that/why... so your comment is nice to hear.

people that don't understand dampening won't appreciate the road noise reduction and sound quality that comes w/it

- - - Updated - - -

I used rubberized undercoating on the doors, floorboards, sides, and tops inside. After coating the inside of my blazer, i filled the area behind the side panels with 4.5" thick foam, off of a hospital bed. It had zero rattles.

i used that stuff to coat my pick up bed. but i never did think of using it for that. but now i will thanks man

on my personal car is all about sound quality. even though my hearing is just about depleted from audio and guns, i still am a audiophile and only except the best of the best in my own vehicles. on my current daily driver 2009 lexus rx350'

i used to drive a 99 rx300 in h.s. heated seats, sun roof, leather everything. i got so much ***** cuz of that thing

I applied trosifol over my windows for almost a 4db reduction. many people are caught up in the concept that more is better. people will install layer upon layer of various materials to ever so gradually increase the STC(sound transmission class), reduce the vibration or sealing the door to door cavity. The reality is that in terms of quieting the cabin, the best you can do is match the STC of the windows. Otherwise, the windows become the weak link and currently, there are not too many options you can apply onto an OEM piece of glass to increase the STC while maintaining the ability to see through it, but IMO I think poly vinyl or pvb is the best choice. So while it is possible to dramatically reduce airborne and structural borne sound, your weak link will always be the glass. unless you replace the glass with some type of sound dampening glass.

Last edited:
- - - Updated - - -

i used that stuff to coat my pick up bed. but i never did think of using it for that. but now i will thanks man[/QUOTE]

I like it because it gets into the cracks and fills the void between a gusset and the body panel, plus it does flake off or harden. I've seen people used great stuff to fill the spaces behind the framing structure of a trunk, but after it expands it pushes the sheet metal out and puts little raised spots on the exterior surface.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom