• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

car audio enthusiasts?

19 years in the industry. MECP advanced installer
I got totally burned out as well
When it gets a daily routine and you don't learn anything new is when you start to lose interest. Even though technology is making things easier to install it is also a pain keeping up with it. Ill do the favor for friend installs or trouble shoot. But I will be happy if I never smell resin and hardener or my back hurting from being nearly upside down under the dash.

Last edited:
all my buddies always come to me asking about installs and what they should buy and get the best bang for their bucks

i do miss my days building boxes though, would go back to building them but sold off all my tools a while back

You'll be amazed what a 60.00 table saw and cheap plunge router can produce. I went to a Boat slip for an estimate and ended up at a pawn shop down the road to build out a rack and enclosure for a Malibu wakeboard boat. And he let me keep the tools!!

Anyone know anything about an 06 nissian murano bose head unit? Everything works but it wont pipe out sound..the whole dash system is tied to the damn thing ( blinkers, climate, spedometer, etc)..i never ran into this crap back in the day...

ugh i hated working on nissans. them and VW. all their stuff were tied together with 2 fuses to the back of the dash. first problem is that it's bose. seriously they make some really terrible stuff, and churn it out at ridiculous prices w/good marketing that fools idiotic people. is the unit touch screen? gotta get more info than what u gave out. perhaps pics would help

Anyone know anything about an 06 nissian murano bose head unit? Everything works but it wont pipe out sound..the whole dash system is tied to the damn thing ( blinkers, climate, spedometer, etc)..i never ran into this crap back in the day...

Start at the Bose factory amp. Check if its getting batt power and check the remote turn on. If its switching on and your not getting audio, more than likely is two things
1. Your hi audio from the amp is no good (couple bad IC's are usually the culprit)
2. All your speakers are bad(less likely)
Everything can be metered at the amplifier to tell you what's going on. Bose amplifiers are notorious for failure. The low voltage audio signal from your radio goes to the factory amp where it is amplified and sent to the speakers. Bose does have many systems where each amplifier is isolated with each speaker within the car, but on the Murrano to my memory has a single amp for the entire system

ugh i hated working on nissans. them and VW. all their stuff were tied together with 2 fuses to the back of the dash. first problem is that it's bose. seriously they make some really terrible stuff, and churn it out at ridiculous prices w/good marketing that fools idiotic people. is the unit touch screen? gotta get more info than what u gave out. perhaps pics would help
Its not a touch screen but it does have a screen and climate control, etc are tired into it..ill try and get apic up

Thanks
Start at the Bose factory amp. Check if its getting batt power and check the remote turn on. If its switching on and your nYOUot getting audio, more than likely is two things
1. Your hi audio from the amp is no good (couple bad IC's are usually the culprit)
2. All your speakers are bad(less likely)
Everything can be metered at the amplifier to tell you what's going on. Bose amplifiers are notorious for failure. The low voltage audio signal from your radio goes to the factory amp where it is amplified and sent to the speakers. Bose does have many systems where each amplifier is isolated with each speaker within the car, but on the Murrano to my memory has a single amp for the entire system
Cool ill meter from the amp and start there. Thanks!
I never did like bose, now i see them for what they really are.

I run 2 eclipse 12's with a rockford 300w amp. Not a bunch of power, half of rms actually, but all I need for some nice clean bass to add to the sound.
Never bump around town though unless im listening to something others might like.

eclipse has a pretty good rep in the sound world. RE and sundown are staking their claims as real popular with people also. agree w/u about only needing a lil bass in the car.

i'm building a sound wall for the house right now, and the wife hates it more than it being in the car. i did have a really small sound wall with four 5 1/4's and 6 tweeters, one 10 and one 12. hooked it up to my home theater and she hated watching movies with me

Back
Top Bottom