• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can you legally drive on a private rd in georgia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a link to this "code/law" ?

I am battling with a customer rep. I do work for.

They think I can drive down the private rd to complete an inspection.I dont think I can.

I have been told by someone who lives down the rd not to use it.
--
Added note: It is one drive with multipul houses off it.

Quit creepin on folks

Bio, I am a real estate agent and run into this sometimes when doing work for the banks. If it has a sign posted, I treat it like no trespassing. I take a picture and send it to the bank. If you PM me the address I can see if there is any info on MLS for you if that will help.

Bio, I am a real estate agent and run into this sometimes when doing work for the banks. If it has a sign posted, I treat it like no trespassing. I take a picture and send it to the bank. If you PM me the address I can see if there is any info on MLS for you if that will help.

Thats what I do..Our MCS Rep is just being difficult.

This is where part of the problem is...No one knows if the property is occupied or vacant,that is why I need to inspect.
If it is vacant the easement can be terminated..

V. TERMINATING EASEMENTS
As stated above, pursuant to O.C.G.A. § 44-9-5, an easement by necessity will cease once
the easement is no longer necessary. Further, pursuant to O.C.G.A. § 44-9-6, easements will be
lost if they abandoned or forfeited by nonuse. In order for an easement to be deemed abandoned,
the nonuse must continue for a term sufficient to raise the presumption of release or
abandonment. Abandonment is usually a question left for a jury to decide. Easements can
always be terminated by agreement of the parties and through the courts.

That is an easement by necessity. If it is an express easement or prescriptive easement then that code section does not apply. Again check the plat and see if there is an easement. The grantor of the easement may terminate it I believe with the terminiation of the grantee's interest in the land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom