• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Calling all Eggheads.. and normal ODT hooligans.. STEAK opinions!

Grill at 500-600F. Let steaks get to room temp. Pat dry. Coat in olive oil. Add fresh ground pepper and course sea salt. Sear each side, close off all air to the grill. Couple minutes. Pull steaks and let rest.
I've done something similar. Which I have to do every ones damn different is what takes me so long

I just have a Webber grill with thermometer.
I let the heat get to 600 range. Throw the steaks on grill and salt and pepper them. Close the lid for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes I turn them 45 deg. (Not flip just turn to get X grill marks) close lid wait 2 minutes then flip, add salt and pepper. Close lid wait 2 minutes and turn for the X marks. Close lid for 2 minutes. Check with meat thermometer 135F and serve med rare.

You don't need a fancy grill to cook a great steak. The best steak you'll ever eat will come off of a $10 charcoal starter from Walmart. I've done this method and it's awesome. Sear the **** out the outside real fast and nice and pink on the inside, the way God intended.

For seasoning it's Montreal steak and a little butter for me. Also I prefer a NY strip.

1st off don't buy the redist steak in the cooler. Buy a well aged almost brown steak. (Usually the ones marked down) . I season with salt (just a little pinch per steak, black course pepper) and I use a little Montreal seasoning, sear steak, cook to preference.

You don't need a fancy grill to cook a great steak. The best steak you'll ever eat will come off of a $10 charcoal starter from Walmart. I've done this method and it's awesome. Sear the **** out the outside real fast and nice and pink on the inside, the way God intended.

For seasoning it's Montreal steak and a little butter for me. Also I prefer a NY strip.

New York strips are the best IMO.

1st off don't buy the redist steak in the cooler. Buy a well aged almost brown steak. (Usually the ones marked down) . I season with salt (just a little pinch per steak, black course pepper) and I use a little Montreal seasoning, sear steak, cook to preference.

Oh, I almost forgot. Don't use much or any lighter fluid, build a small fire with wood, I usually get some oak limbs out of the yard, then ad charcoal. And a little more wood after the charcoal is well grayed in color. The last step is very important.

****tin me them things wont get hot enough for me.. I like dem 600+ temps

:evil:

20190513_190800.jpg

Back
Top Bottom