• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Calling all Eggheads.. and normal ODT hooligans.. STEAK opinions!

ARCman47

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Midget Wrangler
214   0
Reaction score
So, I love steak. Obviously. Who doesn't. I am looking for something new to try.. I usually grill mine on the Big Green Egg. I have tried different seasonings and rubs. Not really alot of marinades.. from what I see out of most of these "Pro" grill guys is obviously a choice cut.. I cant afford Wagyu. But what do you guys do on the kamado grills? Ever try reverse sear? Gimme some things you have tried for the perfect steak!

I typically prefer thick Ribeyes cooked Med rare!

20190624_201158.jpg

Another huge issue for me is steak seasonings.. I have wasted so much money, only to find it waaay to salty. I dont mind paying for quality but some of the things I have tried have been good, some terrible.

So, I love steak. Obviously. Who doesn't. I am looking for something new to try.. I usually grill mine on the Big Green Egg. I have tried different seasonings and rubs. Not really alot of marinades.. from what I see out of most of these "Pro" grill guys is obviously a choice cut.. I cant afford Wagyu. But what do you guys do on the kamado grills? Ever try reverse sear? Gimme some things you have tried for the perfect steak!

I typically prefer thick Ribeyes cooked Med rare!

View attachment 2391576

Well, my method will probably be poo-pooed by the purists, but I bring my Bubba Keg up to around 600°. While it's heating, I put a couple of tablespoons of Dale's Steak Sauce on both sides of steak...just enough to wet it, no more. Don't let it marinate more than 20-30 minutes or it will be too salty.

Once kamado is up to temp, I cook for about 3.5 minutes per side, depending on thickness. Then shut top & bottom vents and flip a second time for 1 minute. Comes out med rare and juicy as can be!

We've tried a bunch of different rubs & marinades and like Dale's or Allegro the best.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Try Allegros marinade. It’s not overly salty, but will be make it super tender. Only takes any hour or so. And leave them out of the refrigerator. I only season with salt, pepper and a little lowerys. Get the grill as hot as you can. 3 to 4 minutes per side, flipping only once. Try this once, you will never do anything different.

Try Allegros marinade. It’s not overly salty, but will be make it super tender. Only takes any hour or so. And leave them out of the refrigerator. I only season with salt, pepper and a little lowerys. Get the grill as hot as you can. 3 to 4 minutes per side, flipping only once. Try this once, you will never do anything different.
So you marinate in Allegro *and* salt/pepper it?!?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom