• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Building AR.

You ALMOST got it lol.

1. A company receives firearm frames from individual customers, attaches stocks and barrels and returns the firearms to the customers for the customers' personal use.
    The operations performed on the firearms were not for the purpose of sale or distribution. The company should be licensed as a dealer or gunsmith, not as a manufacturer of firearms.

Yeah, read it again, need more coffee. Thanks bro, you are correct.

Not being a resident ass just making sure i understand the laws right. Buddy of mine wanted to build an AR but wanted me to put everything together for him since i have the tools and more so the patience to do it lol.

The funny thing is, It matters less than a crap what we think or care to argue about. The ATF agent will be the one to inform folks of how the law works while on a ride.

The way it has been explained to me, more than once, is if you take someone else's parts and put the parts together you just made the gun and you can't do that without the correct FFL. You don't have to be paid for putting it together for this to be true. You also are liable for the gun.

There are several FFL's to be had. I would bet that most gunsmiths do not have the correct FFL to do the work that they are doing and don't even get into the class III stuff.

Again, this is very stupid I agree.

The ATF will dust for your fingerprints on your friends rifle, and if they find it they will behead you. Also if you begin to put it together the RFID trackers in the receiver will alert them.

You ALMOST got it lol.

1. A company receives firearm frames from individual customers, attaches stocks and barrels and returns the firearms to the customers for the customers' personal use.
    The operations performed on the firearms were not for the purpose of sale or distribution. The company should be licensed as a dealer or gunsmith, not as a manufacturer of firearms.

SIR!! You are talking about the US GOVT and the ATF, LOGIC does not enter into the equation. A feakin rubber band was declared to be a MACHINE GUN, someone was arrested tried and I do believe he was convicted. Now tell me again what it is you are trying to claim is not illegal?

SIR!! You are talking about the US GOVT and the ATF, LOGIC does not enter into the equation. A feakin rubber band was declared to be a MACHINE GUN, someone was arrested tried and I do believe he was convicted. Now tell me again what it is you are trying to claim is not illegal?

It was a shoe string not a rubber band

Back
Top Bottom