• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Bug Out Bag inventory sugegstions

My thoughts are a bag with the essentials to live. Water purification, First aid kit, Matches, set of BDU's, Extra batteries, Good flashlight. Crank radio. P38.
I do not keep ammo or anything else related to that in my bag. Use a Maxipedition Versi pack (man purse) slung over the shoulder for that. If you get in a situation where you need to move fast you can drop your BOB and return for it after the threat is gone. This will lighten your load and keep you mobile and able to fight.

Good advice from Bronc! keep your weapons with you, under your control, with you, next to you, where you can feel their comforting weight. Close by always, closer than a backpack. Except for that "man purse" thing... can't we call it a survival kit or something? ;)

I have a bug out trunk. Mine has everything from MREs, gas masks, chemical/biohazard suits, bulletproof vests, tons of ammo, bagged water... you name it. Just gotta keep it well rounded. Never know what crazy **** is going to pop up. Clear plastic is a good buy too. Its best to have something to cover windows and doors with... just incase of a chemical attack. My bug out trunk is ment to keep me alive in a stationary place. In a E.L.E its best to stay where your at...
I wonder what LE would think if they searched your trunk...lol

mine started as a bug out bag... and ended as a bug out house. So the most rational thing for me is just to stay put and hope for the best. Plus I figure alot of my lesser resilient neighbors (interpreted as ghe... nevermind) wont survive very long or run away, thus leaving me a mulitude of houses and items to loot.

mine started as a bug out bag... and ended as a bug out house. So the most rational thing for me is just to stay put and hope for the best. Plus I figure alot of my lesser resilient neighbors (interpreted as ghe... nevermind) wont survive very long or run away, thus leaving me a mulitude of houses and items to loot.

Looting might not be the best idea. What would you do if the SHTF and you went out to hunt for dinner and you came home to people diggin around your stuff? People usually don't take to kind to looters.

This is meant to get me from where ever I am in the Metro Atlanta area to my sanctuary location on foot. My wife and two daughters keep the same in their cars at all times. The waterproof bag is strapped to the pack and everything in the overnight bag gets put on when leaving the car. The ladies do not have the tactical vest or long gun. It's to much weight. Each of them does have a 1911 with plenty of extra mags and they are very proficient with it.

Go Bag Equipment List

PACK
Flap Pouch: ASP
Flap Pouches 1, 2 and 3.
Sun Block, Camp Soap, Hand Sanitizer, Rolaids, Triple Antibiotic Ointment, Toothpaste, Toothbrush, Insect Repellent, Salt, Pepper.
Flap Pouch 4.
Light line, Water Purification Tablets, Nicoret, Listerine Strips, Waterproof Matches, Aluminum Foil, Lighter, Whistle, Antibiotic Pills, Six AA Batteries, Four 3v 123 Batteries.
Flap Pouch 5.
Six food Bars.
Flap Pouch 6.
Pruning Shears, Light Stick, Saw, Emergency Blanket, Extra Candle, Collapsible Cup.

Main Pouch.
Water, Water Purifier, Pistol Cleaning Kit, Break Free, Gun Lube, .22 Snake, Candle Light, Stove, Fire Starter Sticks, Field Wipes, Cards, Ziplock Bags, Advil, Vitamins, Prilosec, Imodium, Hat, Two Pair Light Socks, Two Pair Warm Socks, Two Pair Underwear, Para Cord, Pistol Pouch, 1911, Drop Holster.

Right Side Inner Pouch.
First Aid Kit, Map, Compass, Knife Sharpener, Surefire Flashlight, Five Bic Lighters.

Right Side Outer Pouch.
Small Tactical Knife, Night Vision.

Left Side Inner Pouch.
AR Iron Sight, Stove Fuel.

Left Side Outer Pouch.
Tactical Gloves, Mini Mag Light.

Strapped To Bottom.
Bed Roll.
One Man Tent.

Overnight Bag

Main Pouch.
1911, Hat, Suspenders, Belt.

Tactical Vest:
Top Left = Leatherman, Camo Face Paint.
Top Left Pistol = Six 8 round 1911 mags.
Far Left Rifle = Two 30 Round AR 15 Mags / Ballistic Tip.
Mid and Near Left Rifle = Four 30 Round AR 15 Mags / TAP.
Top Right = Binoculars.
Far, Mid and Near Right Rifle = Six 30 Round AR 15 Mags/Penetrator.
Left Belt = Mag Pouch w/Two 8 round 1911 mags, Tactical Knife.
Right Belt = Mag Pouch w/Two 8 round 1911 mags.

Small Side Pouch.
Equipment List, Uniform, Three Pens.

Waterproof Bag.
Rain Gear, Light Jacket, Six Freeze-dried Entrees, Four Freeze-dried Breakfasts, Extra Straps, Mess Kit, Magnesium Fire Starter.

Rifle Case.
AR with single point sling, 1.25 to 4 power illuminated scope, light and laser.

This is meant to get me from where ever I am in the Metro Atlanta area to my sanctuary location on foot. My wife and two daughters keep the same in their cars at all times. The waterproof bag is strapped to the pack and everything in the overnight bag gets put on when leaving the car. The ladies do not have the tactical vest or long gun. It's to much weight. Each of them does have a 1911 with plenty of extra mags and they are very proficient with it.

Go Bag Equipment List

PACK
Flap Pouches 1, 2 and 3.
Sun Block, Camp Soap, Hand Sanitizer, Rolaids, Triple Antibiotic Ointment, Toothpaste, Toothbrush, Insect Repellent, Salt, Pepper.
Flap Pouch 4.
Light line, Water Purification Tablets, Nicoret, Listerine Strips, Waterproof Matches, Aluminum Foil, Lighter, Whistle, Antibiotic Pills, Six AA Batteries, Four 3v 123 Batteries.
Flap Pouch 5.
Six food Bars.
Flap Pouch 6.
Pruning Shears, Light Stick, Saw, Emergency Blanket, Extra Candle, Collapsible Cup.

Main Pouch.
Water, Water Purifier, Pistol Cleaning Kit, Break Free, Gun Lube, .22 Snake, Candle Light, Stove, Fire Starter Sticks, Field Wipes, Cards, Ziplock Bags, Advil, Vitamins, Prilosec, Imodium, Hat, Two Pair Light Socks, Two Pair Warm Socks, Two Pair Underwear, Para Cord, Pistol Pouch, 1911, Drop Holster.

Right Side Inner Pouch.
First Aid Kit, Map, Compass, Knife Sharpener, Surefire Flashlight, Five Bic Lighters.

Right Side Outer Pouch.

Left Side Inner Pouch.

Left Side Outer Pouch.

Strapped To Bottom.
Bed Roll.
One Man Tent.

Overnight Bag

Main Pouch.

Tactical Vest:
Top Right = Binoculars.

Small Side Pouch.

Waterproof Bag.
Rain Gear, Light Jacket, Six Freeze-dried Entrees, Four Freeze-dried Breakfasts, Extra Straps, Mess Kit, Magnesium Fire Starter.

Rifle Case.

Not including your LBV thats probably a 45-50lbs pack. With LBV and ammo, probably closer to 70. Just wondering if you know what its like to carry 70lbs on your back for a few days, and if your wimminz know what its like to carry 50lbs on theirs. Its no walk in the park (pardon the pun). Forgive me for jumping to conclusions, but unless you are in the best shape of your life and regularly practice forced ruck marches with a full load, youre in for a rude awakening. Ranger schools and SF selection target 35-55lbs MAX for ruck marches. These are designed to break you.

Also keep in mind the more you carry, the slower you go. You will need to carry more food, water, clothes to compensate, which means more weight, which means a longer trip, so more food, water, etc. You get the idea, everything is a trade off for weight.

Just a suggestion obviously, but you could pare that pack down a LOT and not sacrifice very much at all. You have a lot of redundancy going on, and some things you probably wont need for a 4-5 day mission.

Camp Soap, Hand Sanitizer, Field Wipes - Could replace all of these with a medium-sized pack of antibacterial wipes

Rolaids, Prilosec, Imodium - Do you need all three?

Triple Antibiotic Ointment, Antibiotic Pills, Advil, Vitamins, First Aid Kit - Redundant, some not needed really (do you NEED vitamins and antibiotics?)

Toothpaste, Listerine Strips - Again, redundant

Waterproof Matches, Lighter, Five Bic Lighters, Magnesium Fire Starter - ""

Pistol Cleaning Kit, Break Free, Gun Lube, .22 Snake - """

Small Tactical Knife, Leatherman, Tactical Knife - """"

I think you get the idea. To top it off, your carrying twice the normal combat load in ammo. 12 AR mags, really? Again, sorry to be nitpicky, but are you planning to trek through Fallujah on your way home? If you need 360 rounds of 5.56 and 80 rounds of .45 you picked the wrong route, period.

Go Bag Equipment List

PACK
Flap Pouches 1, 2 and 3.
Flap Pouch 4.
Flap Pouch 5.
Six food Bars.
Flap Pouch 6.

Main Pouch.

Right Side Inner Pouch.

Right Side Outer Pouch.

Left Side Inner Pouch.

Left Side Outer Pouch.

Strapped To Bottom.
Bed Roll.
One Man Tent.

Overnight Bag

Main Pouch.

Tactical Vest:
Top Right = Binoculars.

Small Side Pouch.

Waterproof Bag.

Rifle Case.

Just wondering. Do you plan on carrying the pack, overnight bag, waterproof bag, and rifle case all at the same time? I'm trying to stick to about 45lbs in my pack, that doesn't include my rifle. I don't think I would make it 2 miles with your stuff and i play soccer twice a week. You must be in prime condition to hump all that stuff. I see the nicorette gum, you smoke also? that's gonna make it harder to carry all that.

I have long searched for the perfect balance in a BOB/Emergency Pack. Right now I use a Milsurp Camelbak Mule. It's just under 20 lbs. fully loaded. I have pared down several times, and beleve I have gone too far.

My load right now is;
milsurp poncho
25' 550 cord x2
25' 1/4 braided rope
milsurp mess kit
stainless steel spork
Gerber Gator combo ax/knife
USAF survival knife w/ sheath and sharpening stone
compass
survival whistle w/ compass and match storage (waterproof)
Max Deet bugspray
Bug bite goo (rub it on, sting goes away)
Comprehesive First aid Kit
Fire Steel
bic lighter
vaseline coated cotton balls
SOG ParaTool (one of the first multitools, very simple, VERY heavy duty)
water bladder

Seperatly in my work van:
S&W M12 w/ belt holster.
48 rounds of +P .38 Spl
1 liter water bottle
small bag w/ spare socks, underwear, pants, shirt
med. weight jacket
spare meds

On my person:
pocket knife
Ruger LCR
speed strip w/ 5 rounds +P .38
wallet, ID, cash, etc.
flashlight

Very rarely do I work anywhere near home. I live 50 miles from Atlanta and am usually down there at least twice a week. My first inclination, should normal society head south is to drive as far as I can. Should I need to dismount and walk, then the pack comes out, gets some gear will go on my person, pack get reconfigured, and I hop on the shoe leather express.

I realize that I have some redundant items, ie. ax/survival knife. Both have a specific purpose and I feel that having both is worth the extra space and weight.

I also realize that I have neglected some important items, ie. water purification, and my personal woobie, 9 hour candle lantern :)

Looks like the search for another pack will be forthcoming, as this one is stuffed.

Wheeler

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom