• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Bug Out Bag inventory sugegstions

We just got a BIG first aid carry sachel and "repacked" it. I'm in the process of using a rusksack with my LBE as a bug out bag since it already has all the attachments for holsters, canteens, knife, etc...plus my "first aid" kit is easily tied to the top.

My thoughts are a bag with the essentials to live. Water purification, First aid kit, Matches, set of BDU's, Extra batteries, Good flashlight. Crank radio. P38.
I do not keep ammo or anything else related to that in my bag. Use a Maxipedition Versi pack (man purse) slung over the shoulder for that. If you get in a situation where you need to move fast you can drop your BOB and return for it after the threat is gone. This will lighten your load and keep you mobile and able to fight.

numerous caches in your AO would work better than depending on one bag with everything - you cannot possible carry everything you may need. VC survived in some of the harshest areas known to man on little more than rice, a gun and a pot to boil water in.
Prep now, bug in in your secure location, that is a much better plan.

numerous caches in your AO would work better than depending on one bag with everything - you cannot possible carry everything you may need. VC survived in some of the harshest areas known to man on little more than rice, a gun and a pot to boil water in.

This is true! The VC were some tough fighters. Its best to carry what you need to sustain life.

I agree that prepping you location is the most important thing. I also think the BOB is also essential to be able to make it to
where you have the majority of your preparations. Most people live within an easy day or two of their home so a BOB does not have
to be planned out so well. Just a few things to be able to make the walk there. But for the people that prep elswhere away from
their home, planning the bug out scenario is alot more important.

What about meds? Say you are insulin dependent type I diabetic? You could be dead in a few days. I have two members of my family on insulin. I've got to research if there is such a thing as long shelf life insulin. I guess if you are bi-polar or sycophantic after missing your meds for a few days, then you'll be targeted as a zombie...

I am a bug in kind of guy and live out in the country but I still consider a BOB important for when I am traveling or if things ever get bad around the house. Grab your BOB and go to the national forests for a weekend. It was one of the best ways I found to narrow down all the crap and add some missing stuff to my bag.

Water, damn that stuff weighs a ton. Limited amount carried with both a filter and water purification tabs.
Small really lightweight frying pan and miniature pot that was part of a backpacking set from back in the day, good for water purification
Heavy duty knife big enough to cut small trees
6.8 SPC SBR, good with 85 grain TSX out to 250 yards, can breakdown and fit in my pack for low profile movements
100 rounds of ammo (4 each 25 round mags, I don't expect firefights, escape and evasion the order of business
Glock 23 with 3 loaded mags
550 rope, enough to use the miniature pot as a well water bucket, out here there are plenty of wells for water
Brown 8x8 tarp for shelter. Still debating a small lightweight tent
Cheap disposable plastic poncho's which prove invaluable for their size to keep yourself partially dry and gear dry.
Pen size pump spray bottle of Deet bug repellent (invaluable)
2 BIC lighters, pack of waterproof matches, and magnesium fire starter
First aid kit along with some basic prescription meds
Several cheap well made LED lights along with one hand crank light

Each person carries some water, spare set of clothes, emergency solar blanket, knife, pack of mainstays bars, and 2 packs of lightweight freeze dried meals all in case we get separated.

I am a bug in kind of guy and live out in the country but I still consider a BOB important for when I am traveling or if things ever get bad around the house. Grab your BOB and go to the national forests for a weekend. It was one of the best ways I found to narrow down all the crap and add some missing stuff to my bag.

Water, damn that stuff weighs a ton. Limited amount carried with both a filter and water purification tabs.
Small really lightweight frying pan and miniature pot that was part of a backpacking set from back in the day, good for water purification
Heavy duty knife big enough to cut small trees
6.8 SPC SBR, good with 85 grain TSX out to 250 yards, can breakdown and fit in my pack for low profile movements
100 rounds of ammo (4 each 25 round mags, I don't expect firefights, escape and evasion the order of business
Glock 23 with 3 loaded mags
550 rope, enough to use the miniature pot as a well water bucket, out here there are plenty of wells for water
Brown 8x8 tarp for shelter. Still debating a small lightweight tent
Cheap disposable plastic poncho's which prove invaluable for their size to keep yourself partially dry and gear dry.
Pen size pump spray bottle of Deet bug repellent (invaluable)
2 BIC lighters, pack of waterproof matches, and magnesium fire starter
First aid kit along with some basic prescription meds
Several cheap well made LED lights along with one hand crank light

Each person carries some water, spare set of clothes, emergency solar blanket, knife, pack of mainstays bars, and 2 packs of lightweight freeze dried meals all in case we get separated.

Nice kit! Well rounded...definitely get you to your BoL with the stuff to sustain until set up

Back
Top Bottom