• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

BS at Governors gun Clubs

I saw it and carefully read it. Like other posters here who have read it, the statement doesn't really say anything whether they have a policy to ask to see NFA stamps or not. All it talks about is their procedure for checking out NFA suppressors, etc. for test that have been purchased and are in ATF jail awaiting approval. It does not state that they do not ask to see NFA stamps for shooters with suppressors in their range.

Wasn't replying to you but my issue isnt wasn't with being asked to see stamps as much as it was having people sign a book saying they have stamps.

"THEN they say OK now fill out this log book. They opened it up to me to see a page of names, addresses, NFA items, and even serial numbers. Somebody around here has a nice collection, and your address is open for the world to see."

So, the OP isn't telling the truth of what he saw then? Is that what you're saying?

I'm not say he wasnt asked to sign a book. But was it an issue of a new employee knowing a little bit about something and applying it across the board to everyone? That what it seems like was the case. What I'm saying it doesnt seem like its store policy for stamp holders to sign a book listing what they are shooting... unless I've missed some new development in the past 4 new pages of post

IIRC, the only people you have to show your stamp to is an ATF agent or agents. It is a proof of tax paid document. I also think I remember that it had to be the original stamp, but I can't be 100% on that...

Federal law states you must show to an ATF agent but GA law states that NFA items have to be registered. Stamp is proof of that registration so I guess technically you could be in for a headache if a police officer asks you for proof of registration and you dont want to show it.

It doesnt have to be the original stamp. I used to have mini copies of mine but now they are all on my google drive as are a lot of peoples

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Federal law states you must show to an ATF agent but GA law states that NFA items have to be registered. Stamp is proof of that registration so I guess technically you could be in for a headache if a police officer asks you for proof of registration and you dont want to show it.

It doesnt have to be the original stamp. I used to have mini copies of mine but now they are all on my google drive as are a lot of peoples

And that is why it's good to just carry a copy or have a picture of it lol

Not defending them. BUT , Almost every issue I’ve had with them has been an employee. Runs the gamut from stupid to uninformed. I pop in there about 4 times a year , pay my $14 +- fee , and use the range. Was in there two weeks ago and there was no one there from my last visit in April. They have a VERY high employee turnover. BUT ! The young guy that was the RSO was very nice and polite. Maybe if they had an employee training program it would help. Meanwhile I just lock on a can and shoot out back !

You have more patience than me. Academy wanted my DL for a knife purchase. Not just a look to make sure my fat old ass was old enough to buy a knife. Academy wanted to record the information. Said it was policy. I left over $200 dollars worth of merchandise sitting at the register and walked out.

Shot Spot in Carrollton wanted my DL to buy a holster a while back.
Lost my business.

Back
Top Bottom