• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

BS at Governors gun Clubs

steviesterno

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
71   0
Reaction score
I went yesterday to shoot some 22 and enjoy myself at the indoor range in Powder Springs. As I was checking in I had to give my ID, which is fine. Then I get asked if I was going to shoot any NFA stuff. I have my legal, stamped 22 suppressor on a bolt gun so I said yes I do. They demanded to see my stamp, saying it was the law. I politely reminded them that it's not the law, only the ATF and IRS are legally allowed to demand NFA stuff, as it is a tax document.

One guy was like " Show me a picture of a stamp on your phone, I won't read it, I don't care what it says". OK fine, pulled it up.

THEN they say OK now fill out this log book. They opened it up to me to see a page of names, addresses, NFA items, and even serial numbers. Somebody around here has a nice collection, and your address is open for the world to see.

I absolutely refused this request, one being that it's personal and none of their business and two, I'm not looking to be part of a log book for homes to rob. Which was especially concerning given the very obvious broken front doors and gun cases within the range.

Based on the way they are putting unreasonable, inappropriate, and downright ignorant policies around something I, as a legal gun owner, have spent tons of times, money, and red tape on already to enjoy shooting I believe I'll be taking my business elsewhere until this policy is revoked.

We need all the 2A advocates we can get, especially in this day and age. Gun stores, ranges, and supply companies should be leading the charge in gun rights advocacy, not just making it even more onerous for legal gun owners to enjoy our hobbies and sports.

Yeah, I won't patron anywhere that requires to see my stamp and damn well won't be logging them anywhere. Adventure Outdoors required to see my stamps after I had already been a member for awhile and I suffered through it until three people asked to see my stamp both before, during, and after my visit. I told them to **** off and canceled my membership. I was thinking about checking out the Governers over in Kennesaw but won't be doing that now.

GA Firingline doesn't care and supports suppressor use and freedoms and while AO is 1mi from my house and it takes me 15-20min to get to GAFL I'll be going there from now on even if less frequently due to the distance.

I went yesterday to shoot some 22 and enjoy myself at the indoor range in Powder Springs. As I was checking in I had to give my ID, which is fine. Then I get asked if I was going to shoot any NFA stuff. I have my legal, stamped 22 suppressor on a bolt gun so I said yes I do. They demanded to see my stamp, saying it was the law. I politely reminded them that it's not the law, only the ATF and IRS are legally allowed to demand NFA stuff, as it is a tax document.

One guy was like " Show me a picture of a stamp on your phone, I won't read it, I don't care what it says". OK fine, pulled it up.

THEN they say OK now fill out this log book. They opened it up to me to see a page of names, addresses, NFA items, and even serial numbers. Somebody around here has a nice collection, and your address is open for the world to see.

I absolutely refused this request, one being that it's personal and none of their business and two, I'm not looking to be part of a log book for homes to rob. Which was especially concerning given the very obvious broken front doors and gun cases within the range.

Based on the way they are putting unreasonable, inappropriate, and downright ignorant policies around something I, as a legal gun owner, have spent tons of times, money, and red tape on already to enjoy shooting I believe I'll be taking my business elsewhere until this policy is revoked.

We need all the 2A advocates we can get, especially in this day and age. Gun stores, ranges, and supply companies should be leading the charge in gun rights advocacy, not just making it even more onerous for legal gun owners to enjoy our hobbies and sports.
They can suck a bag of @&#$!

I wonder if this is a new policy. I've shot there numerous times in the past and the location in Kennesaw and never once have I been asked if I was shooting any NFA items, asked to produced stamps or asked to sign a log book. They check my ammo and thats it. I even collect my own brass in my nearby area even though I know they want to charge you for doing so.

1. Indoor ranges suck
2. Outdoor ranges suck less

Sounds like theyre more interested in having needless rules instead of your money.
agreed. BUT I live in the suburbs. I don't have access to an outdoor range within a reasonable drive, so it's indoors or nothing. Sucks but it is what it is for now

I wonder if this is a new policy. I've shot there numerous times in the past and the location in Kennesaw and never once have I been asked if I was shooting any NFA items, asked to produced stamps or asked to sign a log book. They check my ammo and thats it. I even collect my own brass in my nearby area even though I know they want to charge you for doing so.

it's new policy. I saw the signs as I was leaving Kennesaw last week, after shooting my 300SBR with can for a while. Nobody gave me grief. but I think we should all let them know how we feel.

Back
Top Bottom