• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

BS at Governors gun Clubs

Been several years and I hope they have quit that crap. He was the guy that used to run Sammy Whites Pawn Shop off Newnan Rd.

Governors, Shot Spot, and Atlanta Ordinance & Range will ask for a DL. It’s just how they keep track of sales and if you lose a receipt, they can pull up your history and return whatever you want returned. Actually kinda nice. I have lost some in the past and when a company can pull my account up and make a return it’s kinda nice lol.

Governors, Shot Spot, and Atlanta Ordinance & Range will ask for a DL. It’s just how they keep track of sales and if you lose a receipt, they can pull up your history and return whatever you want returned. Actually kinda nice. I have lost some in the past and when a company can pull my account up and make a return it’s kinda nice lol.
Mighty convienint way to collect data. I spoke to some folks about Shot Spot and they said they had been asked for DL too. They told me that they gave it to them and then started receiving junk mail.

Tractor Supply sometimes asks people for their telephone # but I refuse every time. One time I asked why, and they said it was to see where their customers were coming from. I said "sure thing, if that is true, why don't you ask for a zip code". No answer.

Yeah...i remember Radio Shack was one of the first to pull that stuff. They had no business knowing your DL number, frankly. What I always said when they asked for a DL was, "This is a cash sale."

Yeah...i remember Radio Shack was one of the first to pull that stuff. They had no business knowing your DL number, frankly. What I always said when they asked for a DL was, "This is a cash sale."
Was buying a vacuum cleaner from Sears in Douglasville many years ago and the sales lady said she needed a phone # for a cash sale. I told her no and that she could keep her cleaner. She changed her mind.

Saw on "60 Minutes" or something like that, a lady up north sued Sears for calling her and she won. They kept trying to sell her something after the first time and she won and collected for TWO more lawsuits!!

Was buying a vaccum cleaner from Sears in Douglasville many years ago and the sales lady said she needed a phone # for a cash sale. I told her no and that she could keep her cleaner. She changed her mind.

Saw on "60 Minutes" or something like that, a lady up north sued Sears for calling her and she won. They kept trying to sell her something after the first time and she won and collected for TWO more lawsuits!!
I had to get a new eyeglass prescription because optometrists in Georgia paid off legislators to enact a law that said "your prescriptions have to be less than two years old." Found one and went there and said "I'm paying cash" and the be-atch at the counter said, "what's your Medicare number?" I said "Cash." "I HAVE to have it." and I asked why? What are you tracking, Medicare won't pay for one bit of this? Finally asked for it and I said, "I don't have a Medicare Card, are you not going to serve me?" Got my exam, the be-atch looked at me with daggers...even leaving she didn't want to give me the printout for the result. I gave them such a bad review on YELP, they wouldn't even publish it. BTW, it was the only place in Jasper you can get your eyes checked for a prescription now. IMO, avoid them...

Was buying a vacuum cleaner from Sears in Douglasville many years ago and the sales lady said she needed a phone # for a cash sale. I told her no and that she could keep her cleaner. She changed her mind.

give them 202-456-1414 - white house main switchboard

I’ve been asked to produce stamps at GGC, but only once. GA firing line has asked me multiple times, but only by the female employee. Nobody has ever asked for a stamp on my sbrs.

Georgia's laws on MG's are in a different part of the code books and are subject to a different legal scheme for showing your innocence of the crime of illegal possession of such a gun. It's "Article 4, part 2" for regulating machine guns, destructive devices, Short-barreled long guns, and other things that the feds cover under the NFA. Georgia made the regular gun carry laws in title 16, Chapt. 11, article 2, part 3.

Part 2's gun laws about machine guns say that having the instrument properly registered with the federal government is in an affirmative defense , which means the burden is on you to raise it and show it. What level of proof, with what type of evidence, you ask? Well the quality of your proof doesn't have to be as high when you're dealing with a cop on the street then when you're in court later, if it gets that far. I think a photocopy or picture or other digital image of your form 1 or form 4 would be just fine "on the street."

But if any law-enforcement officer in Georgia has probable cause to believe that the gun you possess is a machine gun,
THEN you had better also supply him with probable cause to believe that it is legally registered to you. If you stubbornly remain silent and take the "I don't have to show you nothing because you're not a treasury agent and I'm not being audited for tax purposes" then you can properly be arrested, go to jail, and you'll sit in jail for a while, get indicted, and remain under felony indictment as long as it takes for you to convince the DAs office that you actually have a legally registered machine gun.

If you really want to play hardball, you could try to argue that as a matter of constitutional law Georgia's OCGA statutory law impermissibly shifts the burden of proving your affirmative defense over to you. Good luck with that. I'm not confident the courts would go along with it, especially for something distasteful (to them) like machine guns.

If it were for something like drugs -- let's say you were found in possession of RX-level pain meds w/hydrocodone, but you refused to show the officers any documentation that your doctor ordered these pills for you, and that you filled the prescription through a retail pharmacy, THAT kind of case would get more sympathy from the appellate courts than one were you have a machine gun but refuse to offer any documents showing is legally registered.

Back
Top Bottom