• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Big Green Egg Smoked Ribs

I tried the verticle one once. I had trouble getting them out without them fall apart. Now l just put them flat down and l made another rack to go over it.
20170629_211216.jpg

I have a large egg and was able to get 5 racks of ribs on it.

Love that smoke ring!! Well done Sir!

That was the first time I was able to get a really visible smoke ring and man it made a difference.

TIP OF HAT TO YA, LOOKS GOOD...

ever try some cherry&pecan that's a good wood mixture also...

I want to try some pecan I only had hickory and mesquite on hand this time.

Do you like the rack? I got one but don't care for it.

Well done.

I've only used the rack twice. If I was doing a few racks of ribs it would come in handy. Using it and the raised grate I could probably do 7-8 racks on the egg. I have a large as well.

Yeah sounds very similar. I tried some Dizzy Pig rub for the 1st time on this cook. Needless to say I'll be using it again.

Where did you get it. I always try something different with them. Last time l bought cheap sauce and ruined them. Shame on me saved 3 dollars on sauce and ruined 50 dollars in ribs. They were edible but not by much

Where did you get it. I always try something different with them. Last time l bought cheap sauce and ruined them. Shame on me saved 3 dollars on sauce and ruined 50 dollars in ribs. They were edible but not by much

I got it at Brown Pool Store here in Hiram, they have it on Amazon too. I've seen it Paulding Building Supply (Ace Hardware) as well. I just used Sweet Baby Rays sauce.

Nice. I'm back to cooking em 225 direct, raised grid. Just something different, texture and bark on the outside. For sauce.."Vermont pig candy" FTW
After smoking for a few hours, wrap in foil with a cup or 2 of dark apple cider and run em 30 minutes or so. Take em back out and back to smoking..take the juice (and drippings with the rub that ran off into it too) from the foil and put it into a sauce pan with a half cup or cup or so of b grade maple syrup and hot sauce...slowly heat and stir to reduce it.. glaze the ribs with that..ooooo eeeee. It takes some practice to get the glaze right but daaaaamn, you can get a little candy crunch from it..words can't describe!

Back
Top Bottom