• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best Way to Get Rid of Coyotes

If I had cattle, goats etc and coyotes were killing them I would do whatever I had to do to stop them. Donkeys in with livestock will at least keep them at bay. A small amount of cotton poison (timic) mixed with hamburger meat is the easiest way to get rid of them.

DNR advised that those are all LEGAL when it comes to trapping yotes and that no permits are needed for YOTES....
Are you being serious? If you really are, and not just trolling, if you'd like to post or PM who told you that I'll be happy to make sure they get educated.
It is absolutely ILLEGAL to hang hooks for coyotes (or any animal for that matter), it is illegal to use poison, and you MUST have a trapping license to trap yotes. The only difference is they may be trapped 365, outside of trapping season.

Legal or not it's disgusting.
It's not legal and it is disgusting. Can't think of many animals I have less "use" for but I would never do that. Poison is equally idiotic if not worse and obviously more indiscriminate. But there are some pretty big (in some cases) federal fines for those that get caught doing it so that's always fun to see. :cool:

27-3-68. Confiscation and disposal of unlawful devices

It shall be the duty of conservation rangers to confiscate any trap, pitfall, deadfall, scaffold, catch, snare, net, salt lick, blind pig, baited hook, or other similar device used in violation of the wildlife laws, rules, and regulations and to dispose of same as directed by the commissioner.

Last edited:
Are you being serious? If you really are, and not just trolling, if you'd like to post or PM who told you that I'll be happy to make sure they get educated.
It is absolutely ILLEGAL to hang hooks for coyotes (or any animal for that matter), it is illegal to use poison, and you MUST have a trapping license to trap yotes. The only difference is they may be trapped 365, outside of trapping season.

No trolling here, you certainly do not have to have a license to trap Coyotes in Georgia...http://www.georgiawildlife.com/Trapping

Furbearer Species

O.C.G.A. § 27-1-2 (31) "Fur-bearing animals" means the following animals: mink, otter, raccoon, fox, opossum, muskrat, skunk, bobcat, and weasel.

I have set several traps to rid the area of as many of these yotes as possible... all with the assistance of the Local DNR officer and Local PD... you don't need a name just call The DNR and ask them yourself, just like I did... you can get frustraited thats fine but I suggest you find out from yourself. If you must know I spoke with several folks at the DNR office:
Wildlife Resources Division
Headquarters Office
2070 U.S. Hwy. 278, S.E.
Social Circle, GA 30025

Fisheries Management: (770) 918-6418
Game Management: (770) 918-6416
General Information: (770) 918-6400
Law Enforcement: (770) 918-6408
Nongame Wildlife & Natural Heritage: (770) 761-3035
Personnel Services: (770) 918-6403

Last edited:
No trolling here, you certainly do not have to have a license to trap Coyotes in Georgia...http://www.georgiawildlife.com/Trapping

Furbearer Species

O.C.G.A. § 27-1-2 (31) "Fur-bearing animals" means the following animals: mink, otter, raccoon, fox, opossum, muskrat, skunk, bobcat, and weasel.

I have set several traps to rid the area of as many of these yotes as possible... all with the assistance of the Local DNR officer and Local PD... you don't need a name just call The DNR and ask them yourself, just like I did... you can get frustraited thats fine but I suggest you find out from yourself. If you must know I spoke with several folks at the DNR office:
Headquarters Office
2070 U.S. Hwy. 278, S.E.
Social Circle, GA 30025

"Several folks" doesn't help. If you can give me a name I'll get them properly instructed. If you are setting traps without a license and got someone from DNR to help you, how about just their name? The species listed are those that can only be taken during trapping season. A coyote is not a furbearer. That means it can be taken outside of the season but you still need a license to trap them.

I posted the confiscation law about hooks above. I meant to post this;
27-3-8. Unlawful devices
It shall be unlawful for any person to make use of any pitfall, deadfall, catch, snare, trap, net, salt lick, blind pig, baited hook, or other device for the purpose of taking any game animal or game bird or any other wildlife, except as otherwise provided in this title or by rule or regulation of the board.

Furbearer Species

Headquarters Office
2070 U.S. Hwy. 278, S.E.
Social Circle, GA 30025

Coyotes are not on that list.

"Several folks" doesn't help. If you can give me a name I'll get them properly instructed. The species listed are those that can only be taken during trapping season. A coyote is not a furbearer. That means it can be taken outside of the season but you still need a license to trap them.

I posted the confiscation law about hooks above. I meant to post this;
27-3-8. Unlawful devices
It shall be unlawful for any person to make use of any pitfall, deadfall, catch, snare, trap, net, salt lick, blind pig, baited hook, or other device for the purpose of taking any game animal or game bird or any other wildlife, except as otherwise provided in this title or by rule or regulation of the board.

You don't need names because you can call and find out just like I did... All of the regs you posted pertain to "Furbearing species"

- - - Updated - - -

Any "game" amimal...read the regs...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom