• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best Way to Get Rid of Coyotes

ReloaderBen

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Brenda Gail's Husband and Jill's Father
231   0
Reaction score
I need to get some advice on shooting some coyotes that have been hunting in my backyard this summer. I am finding half eaten rabbits and other animals around the backyard. I live in the country with no close neighbors so shooting them from my back deck would be no issue, assuming one was in range. I have a variety of rifles that would do the trick so range isn't a problem.

Do I need a predator caller to get them close or? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I know that Hasselhoss has had success with an iPhone app that has all types of calls. Using a guitar amp or tuner to pump up the volume helps.

Howlers are effective in the spring and early summer. A squeaker out of a pet toy works very well too. The squeaker works great for stopping them to get a shot.
Having a few 'yotes around is a good thing.
If you don't have any success in 15-20 minutes of calling, pack it up..they ainta comin'.

The higher end Fox Pros work really well, I have used them successfully several times. Its a big expensive but if you can find a used one thats the way to go... if you don't want to shoot them and you just want to get rid of them cut a sponge up in four squares, soak them in bacon grease and throw them where you think they are coming through. Just make sure there are no domestic dogs that could pick them up as the sponges will expand and get stuck in their intestines eventually killing them. I am more of a quick kill no suffering kind of guy but hey these guys are too smart for traps and they have a keen sense of smell so shooting them can get tricky

Howlers are effective in the spring and early summer. A squeaker out of a pet toy works very well too. The squeaker works great for stopping them to get a shot.
Having a few 'yotes around is a good thing.
If you don't have any success in 15-20 minutes of calling, pack it up..they ainta comin'.

Coyotes are never a good thing

We got along just fine til they showed up by people importing them to south ga to hunt.Was not a part of the ecosystem at all.

There were never coyotes in the south? Not being a smart ass, just truly didn't know that. I grew up in the Midwest, I thought they were pretty much everywhere, hell I've even seen them just outside of New York City.

Back
Top Bottom