• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best Survial Knife (A Must Have!)

My opinion is that you can't beat the Mora HighQ Robust Knife. Especially for the money. I own one and let me tell you, you can do things with this knife that knives are not made to do. Pull it up on amazon and take a look at one. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!
About $20.00View attachment 150729

- - - Updated - - -

My opinion is that you can't beat the Mora HighQ Robust Knife. Especially for the money. I own one and let me tell you, you can do things with this knife that knives are not made to do. Pull it up on amazon and take a look at one. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!
About $20.00View attachment 150729

Can you get one without the serrations?

I have only ever seen the serrated blades at the outdoor stores, BUT I just saw a traditional blade available online at a knife outlet. Troll the net and you may save a few bucks over the cost of the serrated blade.

Also, thanks Steven, for the pics of the Mora knife. I can see using one for small chores and cooking as a light complement to a bigger camp knife.

Interesting variety of knives. Cleaning a fish with a Kabar isn't pretty. I think I'll look in to one of those "democrat" Mora survival knives for the truck box. They are pretty enough not to scare the masses.

Last edited:
I would put another vote out there for the ESEE knives.

i87.photobucket.com_albums_k141_corwinej_D31C23BF_9D65_4013_9Aaf3cd6e78990314a9028c915ced6d1fd.jpg

Can you make a comparison bt the Esee 3 and 4? (besides the obvious 1" in length"

I know that the 4" is made heavier....other comments or observations would be appreciated!
shane

The 4" is heavier maily because it is thicker, 0.188" compared to 0.125" with the 3". Otherwise, not much difference except for a glass-breaker on the handle for the 3," which I don't like anyway. ( I have a Scrapivore because the handle was a little longer than the Izula, but I hate the pry-bar thing on the handle.)

The 4" is heavier maily because it is thicker, 0.188" compared to 0.125" with the 3". Otherwise, not much difference except for a glass-breaker on the handle for the 3," which I don't like anyway. ( I have a Scrapivore because the handle was a little longer than the Izula, but I hate the pry-bar thing on the handle.)

you might want to look at the Izula II has a little longer handle that the Izula.

Back
Top Bottom