• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best Starter Sports Motorcycle for a tall guy

But much easier to get into trouble. With less than a liter to play with, you have to purposefully ask for it.
All my bike crashes have been with 999ccs or less. Its that kind of thinking that leads to the superman complex. Ride within your limits not the bikes and you will be better for it, unless you can out ride your bike Valentino

We aren't talking about you. We are talking about the graveyards and junkyards that are full of the results of guys being on too much bike because the primary cause of crashes with inexperienced riders is that they don't know where their or the bikes limits are. Or they just make bad decisions and a big bike gives you a long rope to hang yourself with.

We aren't talking about you. We are talking about the graveyards and junkyards that are full of the results of guys being on too much bike because the primary cause of crashes with inexperienced riders is that they don't know where their or the bikes limits are. Or they just make bad decisions and a big bike gives you a long rope to hang yourself with.
99.999% of all riders are riding to much bike including me. Just be careful and wear proper protection.

I dont get what your saying. Do you have numbers involving the junkyards full of bikes in respect to bike type/displacement? I dont have any numbers but i would think there an equal number of small and large bikes there.

from dudes who think a 600 wont kick their asses instantly or larger bikes that dudes think they're ready for.

Little 600's are super fast and accelerate just as fast as larger bikes. The misconception that they are less dangerous than a larger bike doesnt make sense to me.

I dont get what your saying. Do you have numbers involving the junkyards full of bikes in respect to bike type/displacement? I dont have any numbers but i would think there an equal number of small and large bikes there.

from dudes who think a 600 wont kick their asses instantly or larger bikes that dudes think they're ready for.

Little 600's are super fast and accelerate just as fast as larger bikes. The misconception that they are less dangerous than a larger bike doesnt make sense to me.
Indeed the danger of riding a bike has little to do with the power of the bike and everything to do with the rider and often more so traffic around him/her

You both missed my point. Please reread it as not a criticism of "big bikes".
Which part? The purposefully asking for trouble part? If thats it, i just reiterate that a 600 will put you on your ass just as fast as a larger bike.

Now bikes like vtwins or detuned beginner bikes are different. If we're talking Supersport bikes though 600are no less dangerous below 140 ish

Totally wrong. a 'Busa makes more torque just off idle than a 600cc does at redline. It weighs about a hundred lbs. more. Put that in the hands of an inexperienced rider and/or under conditions of limited traction and the larger bike is much more likely to wind up in the weeds.

Back
Top Bottom