• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best Starter Sports Motorcycle for a tall guy

ATGATT All the gear all the time. Look at a 250 Enduro. Or a drz400 is tall. Learn on dirt for sure. Facebook dual sport Rider groups. Take a class!
Congested roads are not fun!

I meant the YZF600R. Even with frame sliders, the YZF is so wide that you are going to rash the case covers and lowers.

No one cares, its almost a 20 year old bike.

Heres mine:
i36.photobucket.com_albums_e15_SNSPerformance_Bikes_DSC02788.jpg

ATGATT All the gear all the time. Look at a 250 Enduro. Or a drz400 is tall. Learn on dirt for sure. Facebook dual sport Rider groups. Take a class!
Congested roads are not fun!
When I ride my street legal dirt bike, Its significantly more dangerous than my street bike. learning to ride on the dirt may be a good idea on a small 85 or 125 but a big heavy enduro is not easier. A drz400sm is sweet though but not really a sport bike like the op wants

Get a cruiser. I can't imagine starting on a sport bike (especially if I was 6'4") but obviously many do. And yes, please PLEASE take a class.

FYI - "Driving in the city" on a motorcycle is about as much 'fun' as pouring lemon juice into self inflicted paper cuts, but hey, we all have our 'thing'. ;)

Good luck.
Still
More fun than a cage on wheels!

When I ride my street legal dirt bike, Its significantly more dangerous than my street bike. learning to ride on the dirt may be a good idea on a small 85 or 125 but a big heavy enduro is not easier. A drz400sm is sweet though but not really a sport bike like the op wants
assuming he was talking about a 4 stroke the 250 is rather easy to handle, not so with the 2 stroke but then again all 2 strokes are tricky to master.

Back
Top Bottom