Best sports car under $15k?

The current thinking on V8 miatas is the Corvette engine instead of the Ford engine. More power out of the box and better weight balance due to the lighter all aluminum Corvette engine. Multiple kits available to put the Corvette engine in. I have driven both and they are a rush.
I did the 5.0 swap in mine and it was on a decent budget since i had most of the parts..but that LS motor would be freakin ridiculous in power ..it was a hand full with 300 ponies

If you can find a nice one - Porsche 928S4

rennlist.com_forums_attachments_928_forum_136738d1156731522_of78b5e9ddefa776c9f68f60378ba31505.jpg
the gear boxes on these are intricate and not very strong..the automatic is a dog....but still love them..i would have it!

I would love to drive a monster miata. Dropping a LS6 in a Miata is tempting but then I'd be in the same boat as I'm in with my Z06, it's too fast to really enjoy on the street without worrying about getting arrested or coming around a mountain curve entirely too fast and finding some other dumb@$$ in your lane because they unable to maintain their own... I may try the supercharger route for my Miata to get a little more power but have never driven one to see the difference from stock.
I'll definitely build a 427 Cobra kit one of these days though. Hoping to make that one of my first retirement projects...

I put a supercharger on my 94 miata when I had it. I believe it brought it up to about 180 horses. Very nice car with the added horsepower. Did the installation myself on a Saturday.

hahaah i vote for a corvette also. Id have to say a c6 though... not at all a fan of miata. I would love a corvette, but insurance is just to damn much for us youngins. So i settled with a sports sedan. g37x reasonably quick and loaded with options. very pleased with my decision

Well, I'm a little prejudiced, I had a 1991 Mata and it was a ok little sporty car, but does not come close to my 2000 model S2000. 240 hp from a 2 liter 4 cylinder 9000 rev limit, 6 speed close ratio tranny, 4:11 rear end. Only work I've done to it is replaced the clutch

Back
Top Bottom