Best fun in the twisties for $10k.... let's hear it.

I remember back in the early 2000s, Car and Driver magazine did a comprehensive test to determine the "best handling car". The test included skidpad, track time, and street driving, and along with the test numbers they included subjective "feel" and "fun to drive" factors. They the results into price categories, and while I can't remember them all, I remember two. At the under $60k point the BMW M3, and under $30k it was the Honda Prelude SH.

You wanna toy to play in the mountains. If you want American find an older vette in decent shape, foreign I'd say Porsche or maybe a 4ws Prelude. The prelude will be low on power ccomparatively.
Put 75% of your budget into purchase price and the rest into suspension parts not engine work. All of the above toys will exceed any posted speed limit with ease, making them stick like glue to the road is key. Doesn't matter how fast it is if you can't control it in a turn.

e46 BMW 330ci ZHP. There is a convertible and a coupe listed in John's Creek that I checked out recently. Sweet! I think he was asking $10.5k. Another non-convertible ZHP nearby for about the same. Those bimmers are awesome in the corners, but I have a striking suspicion you're not the bimmer kinda guy. ;)
THIS!

Back
Top Bottom