• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Battle belt finished (components list added)

Anyone running pistols and a rifle that shares the same mags?

I've got the beretta 92fs and the CX4 storm carbine to compliment one another.
If I grab a mag I know it will fit both guns and the 30 rounders are awesome in either one.
The storm don't have heavy hitting power in 9mm but I can definitely hit what I'm aiming at quickly up to 100 meters confidently.

Im working on the battle belt but so far just have a TAC bag I can throw over the shoulder.

I agree on water. Easy to add at least a canteen and a Sawyer micro water filter. You have to hydrate.

My belt was four single mag pouches, IFAK, canteen with cup and heater, knife and pistol holster. It is set up as level three with two being a chest rig/plate carrier.

I like the belt because it's easy to swap out mag pouches if you are using a different caliber. I also use it while hunting as I have about everything I need after leaving camp, short of a length of rope.

I have always preferred a belt over a chest rig. Your set up looks pretty good. What kind of inside belt are you using? The Sure Grip made by High Speed Gear is excellent. It doesn't droop, fold over and sag like most others. It has a neoprene liner on the inside and it stays where you want it to stay. I really like it.

http://www.highspeedgear.com/hsgi/sure-grip-padded-belt-31PB.html
I have this belt and it's great. Stays put no matter what you're doing and comfortable. Not a "under the radar" belt though. You might as well be running a full load out if you're wearing it cause there will be no mistaking it.

It's a lot different than a duty belt set-up as in LE. Apples and oranges.

Not sure what you are going for here. Guessing a minute man rig. More power to you for that. From what I've learned in the Middle East and patrolling the nastier parts of metro Atlanta. No water on the belt. Belts and chest rigs/plate carriers are ment for bullets and band aids. Get a camelback if you want water. Your go bag/mission bag/assault pack or whatever you wanna call it can have your get home supplies or evade and escape supplies. That includes some food or an mre or whatever you use.

First and foremost go get some training and use your stuff. You will fix what's wrong real quick brother.

Again the country needs more people that think like this

OK, assuming this is a "go to war belt" that will be your "live and fight for one day" system:

1. No water. Maybe you're planning on using a hydration bladder? If not, you need water on the belt. I currently have two canteens on mine. You'll go through a lot of water in this heat.
2. Admin pouch. Keep water treatment tabs, small water filter, TP, sanitizing wipes, space blanket, small compass, waterproof matches, bore snake, chamber brush. A MOLLE canteen pouch works pretty well for this.
3. More ammo. Ammo is time. I prefer at least 8 rifle mags, and currently carry 9 on the belt, one in the rifle. Primary reloads on support side with "top off" mags on the right side.
4. Multi-tool. Gerbers with pouches are fairly cheap on eBay.
5. Fixed blade knife. Maybe there is one and I missed it. If not, you need one.
6. Suspenders. A fully loaded battle belt will be heavy. Suspenders are a requirement.
7. Tournament. Yes, another one. Your IFAK is for you, this one is for your buddy so you don't have to dig around and find it while he's bleeding out. Or for you in the same situation. You can also put it on your rifle...
8. Dump the dump pouch, you don't need it. Drop mags down your shirt and they won't fall out because the belt will hold them in place. Bear in mind that only tactical reloads go down your shirt when their's a lull in fighting; emergency reloads mean you drop the empty on the ground and reload fast to get back in the fight.

Remember that big pouches can't be in front of your hips or you won't be able to run up hills or crawl. I know this seems like a lot of weight, but you need gear if you want to fight.

Now, if this is just a "defend the house until the police arrive", then just add the tournament and call it good. Either way, good start.

You carry two canteens, a space blanket, water treatment tabs, a water filter, toilet paper, sanitizing wipes, a space blanket, a small compass, waterproof matches, a bore snake, a chamber brush, a multi-tool, a fixed blade knife, two tourniquets, and nine rifle mags on your belt?

Back
Top Bottom