• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Battle belt finished (components list added)

Far from expert here, so I may learn something. What is the intended use? Running this with anything else like plate carrier? If it's stand alone, maybe heavy on the secondary weapon ammo at the expense of primary weapon ammo?

But it's cool! Thinking about shifting toward a belt also.

Far from expert here, so I may learn something. What is the intended use? Running this with anything else like plate carrier? If it's stand alone, maybe heavy on the secondary weapon ammo at the expense of primary weapon ammo?

But it's cool! Thinking about shifting toward a belt also.
Right now I have a IOTV that runs 6 pmags up front and an ifak.

I plan to transition to a smaller plate carrier that holds 4-6 pmags though. No Ifak on the plate carrier.

Right now I have a IOTV that runs 6 pmags up front and an ifak.

I plan to transition to a smaller plate carrier that holds 4-6 pmags though. No Ifak on the plate carrier.
Glad I asked cause I did learn something. Yeah, I'm light. They'd have to carry me around on hand trucks with that loadout.

So now I have to ask: do you run your mags in that orientation rather than "tip forward"?

Last edited:
Glad I asked cause I did learn something. Yeah, I'm light. They'd have to carry me around on hand trucks with that loadout.

So now I have to ask: do you run your mags in that orientation rather than "tip forward"?
I'm 5'11" 200ish so this load to me plus the IOTV isn't really an issue.

Yes. I run the tip to the rear. It works best for me.

Mind posting a pic?

I'm trying to stay on the minimalist design.

This belt does Velcro to a inner belt.

I don't have any pictures and all my gear is packed up right now due to the wife and I buying a new house. There are several law enforcement departments that use this system for there uniform patrol right now. I wore this kind of duty gear for several years but I also added the extra security of four belt keepers as well. No body would ever be able to get my duty belt off, EVER. I remember a few times I could not get my belt off fast enough to go to the bathroom, it works that well. I still wear a basket weave style inner belt that is Velcro then just reverse it to use it with your "battle belt" or "duty belt". I just find it nice to have several uses for one or two items then several items for one use.

I don't have any pictures and all my gear is packed up right now due to the wife and I buying a new house. There are several law enforcement departments that use this system for there uniform patrol right now. I wore this kind of duty gear for several years but I also added the extra security of four belt keepers as well. No body would ever be able to get my duty belt off, EVER. I remember a few times I could not get my belt off fast enough to go to the bathroom, it works that well. I still wear a basket weave style inner belt that is Velcro then just reverse it to use it with your "battle belt" or "duty belt". I just find it nice to have several uses for one or two items then several items for one use.
Been thinking about running belt keepers as well.

Back
Top Bottom