• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Battle belt finished (components list added)

Nice setup. I'm building one too.
Finished the IFAK and have been looking at the HSGI Slimgrip to be able to click it on for a bump in the night.

Are these the tacos with the velcro belt attachments? How do you like that attachment system?

Looking at your setup, I was thinking that putting the pistol mags at the 10 - 11 O'clock position and the pistol/AR at the 8 or 9 O'clock would give less interference with the front of the left leg when bending/squatting down.
They're just regular tacos using malice clips. The Tyr gunfighter belt has molle built onto the outside.

Valid point on the mag placement.

I run my belt w the buckle at about the 10 position but will definitely put it on and do some squats/kneeling to see if it interferes.

Nice looking set up.
I couldn't find a belt that fit right, so went with this.
555.jpg

I just looked up the tyrtactical belt. Nice!
How long did it take to have it made?
Did the inner pad come with it? I see your not going to use it, but if you did, would it change the belt size much?

I just looked up the tyrtactical belt. Nice!
How long did it take to have it made?
Did the inner pad come with it? I see your not going to use it, but if you did, would it change the belt size much?
1)They quoted 90-120 days. I think I was right at 60 days. (website is saying 45-60 days now)

2)Inner pad comes with it

3) I will run the pad if it's being used when I don't have the inner belt on. But it doesnt change the size that much. the pad is only about 3/4 of an inch thick.

This was some nut at the range at CRC on the plinking range trying to be all tacticool.
Got mad and left when I asked him if he had an extra sammich and a Snickers bar in that thing, and calling him out for being reckless.
Seriously, nice rig you have set up.
Lol good. I didnt want to come off as a dick.

That may me laugh pretty hard.

Thanks for the kind words.

OK, assuming this is a "go to war belt" that will be your "live and fight for one day" system:

1. No water. Maybe you're planning on using a hydration bladder? If not, you need water on the belt. I currently have two canteens on mine. You'll go through a lot of water in this heat.
2. Admin pouch. Keep water treatment tabs, small water filter, TP, sanitizing wipes, space blanket, small compass, waterproof matches, bore snake, chamber brush. A MOLLE canteen pouch works pretty well for this.
3. More ammo. Ammo is time. I prefer at least 8 rifle mags, and currently carry 9 on the belt, one in the rifle. Primary reloads on support side with "top off" mags on the right side.
4. Multi-tool. Gerbers with pouches are fairly cheap on eBay.
5. Fixed blade knife. Maybe there is one and I missed it. If not, you need one.
6. Suspenders. A fully loaded battle belt will be heavy. Suspenders are a requirement.
7. Tournament. Yes, another one. Your IFAK is for you, this one is for your buddy so you don't have to dig around and find it while he's bleeding out. Or for you in the same situation. You can also put it on your rifle...
8. Dump the dump pouch, you don't need it. Drop mags down your shirt and they won't fall out because the belt will hold them in place. Bear in mind that only tactical reloads go down your shirt when their's a lull in fighting; emergency reloads mean you drop the empty on the ground and reload fast to get back in the fight.

Remember that big pouches can't be in front of your hips or you won't be able to run up hills or crawl. I know this seems like a lot of weight, but you need gear if you want to fight.

Now, if this is just a "defend the house until the police arrive", then just add the tournament and call it good. Either way, good start.

Last edited:

Nice brother. Question for you, I've been looking to set one up myself. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is the belt going to go through your belt loops or I guess how do you keep it tight and secure? You mentioned a inner belt?

So reading more through the thread it seems like basically you have a belt through your belt loops that has velcro on it, and you put this one over that?

Back
Top Bottom