• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Battle belt finished (components list added)

Not sure what you are going for here. Guessing a minute man rig. More power to you for that. From what I've learned in the Middle East and patrolling the nastier parts of metro Atlanta. No water on the belt. Belts and chest rigs/plate carriers are ment for bullets and band aids. Get a camelback if you want water. Your go bag/mission bag/assault pack or whatever you wanna call it can have your get home supplies or evade and escape supplies. That includes some food or an mre or whatever you use.

First and foremost go get some training and use your stuff. You will fix what's wrong real quick brother.

Again the country needs more people that think like this
Absolutely on all fronts. Taking a two day class this weekend.

Just thinking out loud here, but in the Middle East, and while patrolling ATL, in both operational environments, you had support, right? So resupply, water, etc. was just a call or return to base away. In most civil matters where this kind of kit proves useful/necessary, you're mostly on your own with no resources for supply, much less resupply. If you're going with a tier system of belt/harness/pack, then the belt is your survival kit after shedding other kit to expediate EE.

You would be surprised how quick resupply didn't happen in Afghanistan... Belt and plate carrier comes first. Can't survive if you don't win the gunfight. Water food and other essential crap in a small go bag...

You carry two canteens, a space blanket, water treatment tabs, a water filter, toilet paper, sanitizing wipes, a space blanket, a small compass, waterproof matches, a bore snake, a chamber brush, a multi-tool, a fixed blade knife, two tourniquets, and nine rifle mags on your belt?

Yes, although only one space blanket, and only one tournament in the IFAK on the belt. The other is on the rifle itself. I've also carried a handgun on it as well.

Yes it's heavy, about 18 lbs. But most of it is in water and ammo, both of which equate to time in the fight. You'd be surprised how quickly you go through ammo when doing team movements. No one ever wishes they'd carried less ammo.

Yes, although only one space blanket, and only one tournament in the IFAK on the belt. The other is on the rifle itself. I've also carried a handgun on it as well.

Yes it's heavy, about 18 lbs. But most of it is in water and ammo, both of which equate to time in the fight. You'd be surprised how quickly you go through ammo when doing team movements. No one ever wishes they'd carried less ammo.

Depends what you plan for.... Don't know the last gunfight you were in but being light and tight generally means alive in the end

Depends what you plan for.... Don't know the last gunfight you were in but being light and tight generally means alive in the end

I agree. This is not my "bump in the night" setup; it is my "in it for the long haul" setup. The training I've had, none of which my rich uncle paid for, suggested that the load is about right. The team I train with goes out similarly equipped. And yes, I train with my team. Not as often as I'd like, but more often than most.

I also don't know the last gunfight you were in, but having enough ammo to fight through means not having to throw rocks. The bottom line is that to be effective you have to carry the load. Ammo goes quickly when every bound is only 3-5 yards. Especially if you need some for tomorrow.

I'm not too worried about the weight myself, since most people are already carrying at least 20 extra pounds. I'm just on equal footing with some of them now, except my weight is in ammo. And I have the fitness to carry a fighting load.

Hey guys I'm new here, and kinda late for adding comments lol, but yeah that belt looks good, I run an ATS war belt with suspenders and a banshee plate carrier,
And by the way if anyone is interested in training, brotherhood and back up when things get ugly I have the team your looking for, several camps around Georgia,
Private message me for details.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 24
Back
Top Bottom