• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Bad news for Trusts

Not to mention the added time and expense of getting fingerprinted and going to get CLEO signature. Depending on how many trustees you have that's a good bit of money and time on top of the $200 stamp.

Thats true. I didn't even think about the additional cost.

Cleo would = shreriff or lieutenant right?

Right, it could be a few different people in law enforcement leadership, but it typically gets deferred to the Sheriff.

Polite Society (back in the day) said that CLEO could include:
- Sheriff
- Chief of Police
- Head of State Police Agency
- District Attorney
- A judge with the power of arrest
- Any other law enforcement officer approved for this procedure by the National Firearms Act branch of the BATF.

Nothing changed with m855... That doesn't mean things don't get eff'd up for a while. :rolleyes:

The point he was making is that this isn't a new development. It shouldn't cause a surge. The M855 was a new proposal, and caused a run on ammo.

Exactly. The surge for 41P started December of 2013 when the proposal came out and really picked up steam the beginning of 2014 when everyone got their tax returns back since the original decision was suppose to be like April of 2014. Then everyone commented and brought stuff up so they pushed it back to like Oct of 2014 and that cause the buying to snowball. Now I just think that people are in the game you know so they want to play. Those that didn't originally want any NFA items got a trust and picked up a can or an SBR just to have it. Now they want a can for the SBR or they want a can for their home defense pistol or to SBR their 22 rifle to go on their can. I have a feeling that things will temper off though.

Back
Top Bottom