• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Bad news for Trusts

Can i get what thia means broken down in lamens terms. Im off today... just alot of fingerprinting?

Last edited:
Can i get what thia means broken down in lamens terms. Im off today... just alot of fingerprinting?

What are you fogging on?

In my opinion we dont have anything to worry about. There will be no changes made. It would be a serious blow to the NFA side of the industry. If for some reason things did change what 41P is saying is that the hoops that you have to go through buying a NFA item as an individual would be applied to all of persons on the trust. Right now the trust owns the items and so there are no hoops to jump through. That would all change.

I can understand one time i guess. Reluctantly .but the person purchasing would already have gotten printed and ran thru so.... eh i dont know what they think they will solve except make people talk about the old way haha

I can understand one time i guess. Reluctantly .but the person purchasing would already have gotten printed and ran thru so.... eh i dont know what they think they will solve except make people talk about the old way haha

Well, the issue would be having to bother every person on your trust to get fingerprinted, etc. each time you want to submit for an NFA item. The idea is to make it so cumbersome people don't do it.

The issue becomes if a CLEO refuses to sign, then you are SOL. There are some CLEOs in GA that will NOT sign, and it's the reason I went to a trust in the first place.

If 41p goes into effect, and I don't think it will at this point, then in some places in GA, you might not be able to purchase NFA items. At the very least a CLEO could choose to drag their feet in signing it. We'd have to change our laws to "shall sign" like the have in TN if 41p did go into effect.

I don't want to help the other side whatsoever but their reasoning might be that things change. A good guy buying a gun or suppressor today might be a bad guy tomorrow so when he buys another suppressor next month we can catch that. It would be overly repetitive for some. I can't imagine bugging my wife for fingerprints and pics every time I want to buy an NFA item. If I had to do that now? Pffft. I would only have 1 stamp. She would be clocking my figures all the time. :lol:

I don't want to help the other side whatsoever but their reasoning might be that things change. A good guy buying a gun or suppressor today might be a bad guy tomorrow so when he buys another suppressor next month we can catch that. It would be overly repetitive for some. I can't imagine bugging my wife for fingerprints and pics every time I want to buy an NFA item. If I had to do that now? Pffft. I would only have 1 stamp. She would be clocking my figures all the time. :lol:

Not to mention the added time and expense of getting fingerprinted and going to get CLEO signature. Depending on how many trustees you have that's a good bit of money and time on top of the $200 stamp.

I know at least half my county dislikes the (cleo) i wouldnt want to get "permission" for a thing from that prick

Back
Top Bottom