Aussies don't drink Fosters.

Same in Ireland...none of my friends over there drink Guinness. But, I always have to have at least one...tastes totally different that what's offered here in the US.
And I've had some awesome local beers while in Germany!!!

And I've visited 12 countries in the past year...

I spent some time in Ireland (a number of trips and a number of weeks working for an Irish based company). I spent over $400 in three weeks on beer and didn't even buy all my drinks. It was all Guinness. I saw one guy, one time buy a Harp, and once a guy ordered a Murphys. In the several pubs I drank in, everyone drank Guinness or whiskey. This was mainly in central Ireland, but I had a Guinness or two in Galway, Cliffden, Belfast, Dublin, Offaly, Westmeath and pretty much every town on the way to each of those spots.

One day we did a pub crawl across the island and stopped in every town from the Shannon River to Galway and had a pint.

I spent some time in Ireland (a number of trips and a number of weeks working for an Irish based company). I spent over $400 in three weeks on beer and didn't even buy all my drinks. It was all Guinness. I saw one guy, one time buy a Harp, and once a guy ordered a Murphys. In the several pubs I drank in, everyone drank Guinness or whiskey. This was mainly in central Ireland, but I had a Guinness or two in Galway, Cliffden, Belfast, Dublin, Offaly, Westmeath and pretty much every town on the way to each of those spots.

One day we did a pub crawl across the island and stopped in every town from the Shannon River to Galway and had a pint.
I can't stand Guinness or mkost other thick dark Irish beer. But if I was over there and they had whiskey that was any better than Jameson's and Bushmills I'd be in trouble for sure.
I can't stand Guiness

I had a Fosters the other night, and, if I remember correctly, the can said it was brewed in Texas...
Yep, Good ole Fosters is now made in the USA. The taste is very different, not as good. I remember when the switched from steel mega cans to the aluminum ones we see today. I stopped drinking it when the accountants started brewing it. Same with becks, made in the USA also, so no more Becks for me! IMBEV and go pack sand!

Next time try Kilkenny.:cool:

ODT meetup at Outback today for some real Australian food!
Nothing says Australia like a Blooming Onion and a Fosters, mate! ;)

Fosters was started in Australia by two Americans. It's the #2 beer in the UK (which is surprising) and after countless acquisitions it is currently owned by SABMiller (South Africa) but brewed in the UK under license from Heineken. So what kind of beer is it? :wacko:

Fosters was started in Australia by two Americans. It's the #2 beer in the UK (which is surprising) and after countless acquisitions it is currently owned by SABMiller (South Africa) but brewed in the UK under license from Heineken. So what kind of beer is it? :wacko:
Isn't SABMiller getting bought by IMBEV?

Right so don't blame us and Pommie bastards would drink the sweat out of my jocks if it had alcohol in it.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom