Aussies don't drink Fosters.

What is the Australian staple food (or is there one)? We've got Hamburgers and Hot Dogs I guess. Or wait... maybe it's Tacos and Pizza. :usa2:

Steak and chips, meat pies, beer, pavlova and of course we eat pizza too, think that covers the five food groups?

Kangaroo isn't very good. It was sold as beef hamburgers to the US Navy when resupplying in Australia for a number of years in the late 70's and early 80's. We knew it wasn't beef. I remember, I was out (82) when there was a big to do about it, they were charging us for beef and it wasn't. Burgers had veins and crap in them. Damn near caused a mutiny one time. They had to break out jars and jars of Peanut Butter and loaves of bread, so we would have something to eat.

Unscrupulous people live everywhere.

We had some pretty good gator tail on my birthday at a place in Brunswick called The Copper Pig. They keep live gators in a fenced off area out front. They have pretty good meat market there too.

Kangaroo isn't very good. It was sold as beef hamburgers to the US Navy when resupplying in Australia for a number of years in the late 70's and early 80's. We knew it wasn't beef. I remember, I was out (82) when there was a big to do about it, they were charging us for beef and it wasn't. Burgers had veins and crap in them. Damn near caused a mutiny one time. They had to break out jars and jars of Peanut Butter and loaves of bread, so we would have something to eat.

Unscrupulous people live everywhere.
Fine upstanding Australians wouldn't do that, must have been crooked US Navy cooks. But seriously roo meat is some of the leanest healthiest meat you can get and you have got to eat it rare otherwise it goes like leather.

Fine upstanding Australians wouldn't do that, must have been crooked US Navy cooks. But seriously roo meat is some of the leanest healthiest meat you can get and you have got to eat it rare otherwise it goes like leather.

I would like to have tried it prepared and cleaned properly.
I was never afraid to try the local food wherever I went.
They know how to cook their food better than any other.
I remember another Marine thinking I was going to get grossed out in the Phillipines when I found out I was eating monkey meat. Thin strips of meat on a shiskabob and cooked on a little hibachi after being marinated in teriyaki and ginger, they were incredible and 7 sticks for a buck.
My mouth is actually watering thinking about those damn things, lol.
Slim Jims be damned!

Back
Top Bottom