• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

****Atlanta Falcons**** And The NFL In General

I'm a Falcons fan for life but call crap when I see it like many others I don't think Falcons are going to win with the quarterback we have now but I hope I'm wrong and if they do I'll pay a 00 buck 12 Guage shell LOL!!!!

I don't think it takes a ton of time to develop when they send a WR on a go route in one-on-one coverage, but with poor protection . . . On many plays, it did seem like all routes were taking right around forever to develop last season. Ryan getting pressure and he's looking at the backs of his receivers' jerseys. I think a new playbook is going to help.
No doubt!

Matt Ryan is still going to be our QB this year and next. You can't blame all of the teams loses and faults on him. He's been under duress for the last few seasons and he's still put up good numbers and made some great passes. Is he perfect - of course not. He's tried to make plays when we're behind and made mistakes - plus he doesn't have a cannon arm. He's not the most mobile guy either. Look around the league and I'll still take him over 99% of the other QBs out there - Brady and Rogers are in a league of their own.

Drafting some rookie QB and expecting to overnight make the team superbowl contenders is being unrealistic. Draft a QB with an eye towards the future, but build the team around Ryan for the next 2-3 seasons.

The team has a lot of holes to fill or at least improve on - lets start there. How about a defensive line that can actually put pressure on the other QB. Maybe a defense that doesn't give up plays late in games. We still need a running game to help out Ryan and control the clock.

Better play calling and better plays would help too. We have to close out games when we're ahead and all we need to do is run out the last 5 minutes of clock, but we've failed to do that in several games. We've overpaid for players and now we're short on cap space, so we'll have to make the best of it until the contracts are over. We have a lot of work to do.......

Back
Top Bottom