ATF: Shouldering Pistol Brace is Fine

jwhited

Default rank 5000+ posts
Smelly Pirate Hooker
169   0
Reaction score
I know there's been a lot of speculation about this lately. The ATF has made a determination about all those pseudo-SBR's out there.

Per the ATF Firearms Technology Branch:

FTB classifies weapons based on their physical design characteristics. While the usage/functionality of the weapon does influence the intended design, it is not the sole criteria for determining the classification of a weapon. Generally speaking, we do not classify weapons based on how an individual uses a weapon.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...atf-confirms-firing-ar-15-pistol-shoulder-ok/

Yep. With the abundance of AR manufacturers now, when will more jump on the Brace/pistol wagon? There's a killing to be made on AR pistols that aren't $1200 Rock rivers.

Best way I can explain it is compare a hammer(sbr) to a pair or linemen pliers(Brace).

A hammer is used to drive nails effectively, but you can use a pair of pliers, in a way they weren't intended to be used, to drive the same nail. However, your not going to want to do it all day.

Best way I can explain it is compare a hammer(sbr) to a pair or linemen pliers(Brace).

A hammer is used to drive nails effectively, but you can use a pair of pliers, in a way they weren't intended to be used, to drive the same nail. However, your not going to want to do it all day.

You really nailed that analogy. :thumb:

yes and to the point.

picked this one up for $719+shipping, probably going to put a brace on it. zz.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom