• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

ATF being sued over approving legal machine guns

Lol. You know, I really use to think someone else was the absolute most ignorant member we had here but this little rant of yours just eclipsed the dumb things he has left fly by a mile. I am not going to nitpick and tear through that nonsense.

So I will just say this; Jcountry, thanks for your concern over my financial planning and well being. Not to be that guy, but spending a few hundred on this or even a few thousand down the road is not going to bankrupt me. No jet ski will be sold, or college tuition will be lost and I will still have my health care intact no matter how much it increases. When the dust settles win lose or draw I will not feel stupid over this because I know at the end of the day others and I at least attempted to change the course of this system of government we have. You on the other hand will still be a guy on a website, completely full of ****. Ranting and raving only convincing yourself and a very small, very select group of people that subscribe to that sort of special stupid, that you have even the slightest idea what it is you are talking about.

Yep-

You are definitely "that guy."

Enjoy your spending spree. I have other stuff to pay for. Stuff which actually will happen. All this unicorn and fairy tales stuff ain't getting a cent out of me.

-Do you think that after all these years, and all the top-shelf legal talent the NRA pays for that some dude in MS just happened to discover that crowd funding this stuff will overturn 20 some years of this BS? Run with that!

(And enjoy knowing that you helped get trusts outlawed. Some idiot will build a MG under a trust-probably just so there can be a case in controversy for this suit-and say "u can't charge me with manufacturing, I'm not a person. I'm a trust" That kind of stunt will definitely get them outlawed.)

It would be wise to leave this stuff alone until we have a president and supreme court who might be halfway understanding.

Last edited:
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/10/13/donations-now-accepted-repeal-machinegun-ban/

Fifteen years ago suppressors were not an easy item to get. SBS's, SBR's, and, AOW's were not that common. Now these items have become mainstream. I can recall a time when you couldn't even order a sub 16'' barrel for an AR because of the fears surrounding the NFA. Retailers did not want to risk landing in the ATF's scope. We have come a long way in a very short time. This is a fluid process. It will continue to move forward as long as we continue to fight. The weak and unwilling will wail and gnash their teeth. Their natural inclination is to be bound and controlled by someone else. The idea of disobedience, legal, civil, peaceful or otherwise frightens them. The uncertainty that comes with this disobedience shakes their core. Something to keep in mind, when Heller first got it's start it started at a grass roots level. It did not have the exposure or support it had at the start like it did when it was all over. There were plenty of fear mongering, naysayers back then too.

i.imgur.com_CQR2GY5.jpg

Last edited:
(And enjoy knowing that you helped get trusts outlawed. Some idiot will build a MG under a trust-probably just so there can be a case in controversy for this suit-and say "u can't charge me with manufacturing, I'm not a person. I'm a trust" That kind of stunt will definitely get them outlawed.)

It would be wise to leave this stuff alone until we have a president and supreme court who might be halfway understanding.

I think this is where the issue is...and I'll say it again- The ATF said trusts were not people and APPROVED applications for new machine guns -agian they approved new applications, until they changed their mind. You know why no one has been able to overturn this? Because there were no grounds to do so, until now.

I hate to be so negative on this one-so I will move on.

I sincerely hope the optimists are right. I would love to own some cool toys which fall into the NFA one day. I'm not saying that we shouldn't fight. I'm just saying that I don't think this will be an effective one.

Maybe I'm totally wrong. We can hope.

I just get very pessimistic when I think of how much in size and scope the federal govt has grown over just the last few decades. I don't think there is much hope of reigning it back in-short of a serious "reset."

Last edited:
They approved applications because a new employee was not trained properly and made a mistake.

My guess anyway, I wonder which signature was on the form . . ..

I hate to be so negative on this one-so I will move on.

I sincerely hope the optimists are right. I would love to own some cool toys which fall into the NFA one day. I'm not saying that we shouldn't fight. I'm just saying that I don't think this will be an effective one.

Maybe I'm totally wrong. We can hope.

I just get very pessimistic when I think of how much in size and scope the federal govt has grown over just the last few decades. I don't think there is much hope of reigning it back in-short of a serious "reset."

It's a tough battle, but we have to do everything we can this way. Hard reset is the last resort.

Yep-

You are definitely "that guy."

Enjoy your spending spree. I have other stuff to pay for. Stuff which actually will happen. All this unicorn and fairy tales stuff ain't getting a cent out of me.

-Do you think that after all these years, and all the top-shelf legal talent the NRA pays for that some dude in MS just happened to discover that crowd funding this stuff will overturn 20 some years of this BS? Run with that!

The NRA is not in it for our second amendment right. They are supportive of whatever benefits them financially. They have supported anti 2a legislation in the past, so do not depend on them to stand up for the 2a.

As far as a pres and a supreme court... that will not happen. We will not have a president or supreme court majority that support or even tolerate the second amendment.

Back
Top Bottom