• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anyone who started on a 600 or 6R bike?

I went to Mountain Motorsport in Marietta. I sat on some bikes. Yamaha 6R, Ninja zx-6R, Ninja 300, Honda CBR600RR and Suzuki GSXR750. Yamaha 6R is out of the question as its a little big high for me. The CBR, GSX and ZX-6R was a little bit high, I could balance it on both feet via tippy toes. The NInja 300 FELT GREAT! I sat on it and very light plus both my feet was flat on the ground, only problem is its a 300. I asked the guy if they could lower the seats and he said they can for $$$. So what you guys think? Would Lowering the seat affect performance and be dangerous? The guy told me the NInja ZX-6R and Suzuki GSXR750 has power settings so I'll beable to make it like a 600cc and 60HP. So I could set it lower and ride on that till I'm more confidence. Also Kawasaki financing sucks balls. Cow balls too.

I went to Mountain Motorsport in Marietta. I sat on some bikes. Yamaha 6R, Ninja zx-6R, Ninja 300, Honda CBR600RR and Suzuki GSXR750. Yamaha 6R is out of the question as its a little big high for me. The CBR, GSX and ZX-6R was a little bit high, I could balance it on both feet via tippy toes. The NInja 300 FELT GREAT! I sat on it and very light plus both my feet was flat on the ground, only problem is its a 300. I asked the guy if they could lower the seats and he said they can for $$$. So what you guys think? Would Lowering the seat affect performance and be dangerous? The guy told me the NInja ZX-6R and Suzuki GSXR750 has power settings so I'll beable to make it like a 600cc and 60HP. So I could set it lower and ride on that till I'm more confidence. Also Kawasaki financing sucks balls. Cow balls too.

Tons of people have lowered their bikes a hair for height.

I'm not a fan of the 750, the Ninja is always nice, Hondas are my favorite and uber reliable IMO, Yamaha 6's need too many RPM's for the street.

And the only power setting you need is a throttle hand and a brain, the power settings are false security.

Tons of people have lowered their bikes a hair for height.

I'm not a fan of the 750, the Ninja is always nice, Hondas are my favorite and uber reliable IMO, Yamaha 6's need too many RPM's for the street.

And the only power setting you need is a throttle hand and a brain, the power settings are false security.

Oh even at the lowest setting, its still a beast. I am a newb rider, matter of fact, I've only taken the MSF class on their 250. Their 250 wasn't that powerful but it got up and go pretty quick. Well if I lower it, it would be alot. I would say atleast 2 inches lower. the Ninja 300 sits at 30.7" and the ZX-6R sits at 32.9". I'm not tippy toeing on a expensive heavy machine.

Last edited:
Out of the big four the Gixxer has the lowest seat out of the 600cc, in fact I think all of the Gixxers are the same seat height. I'm a short guy at 5'7" but I felt good on all but the Yahama and I really wanted an R6 for track. If you want to cruise around then lowering the bike via lowering links is OK but if you want get the most out of the handling DO NOT lower the bike.

Oh even at the lowest setting, its still a beast. I am a newb rider, matter of fact, I've only taken the MSF class on their 250. Their 250 wasn't that powerful but it got up and go pretty quick. Well if I lower it, it would be alot. I would say atleast 2 inches lower. the Ninja 300 sits at 30.7" and the ZX-6R sits at 32.9". I'm not tippy toeing on a expensive heavy machine.

I always had to tippy toe or lean so one foot was flat. The GSXR 600 was the shortest if I remember correctly.

Yeah I might end up lowering it at first then changing it back to normal height when I get more experience. I don't want to drop my new bike. Everyone has a damn gsxr.

Any recommendation dealership around cobb county? I went to Mountain Motorsport and the guy tried to sell me a 2013 ninja out the door for like $13,700. Went on their site and they had it listed for $10,128.

Any recommendation dealership around cobb county? I went to Mountain Motorsport and the guy tried to sell me a 2013 ninja out the door for like $13,700. Went on their site and they had it listed for $10,128.
I know there is small shop on Austell rd in Smyrna on the left side heading South that always has sport bikes for sale. You could check there. There is also a place on 41 heading toward Kennesaw that has a bunch of used bikes. As the buyer, I would probably not buy for the first price thrown out on a new bike without negotiating unless you know the market and they have it listed at a price you are willing to pay.

Back
Top Bottom