• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone into bourbon?

I have never tasted Pappy either. In Louisville visiting family about 3 years ago, we went to a somewhat expensive restaurant, and when I asked the price for one drink, I laughed at the response.

One day I will try it, but I have this gnawing feeling I'm going to be disappointed (depending on the price). :)
Pappy is great. 10, 12, 15 and 23. The rye is amazing. You won’t be disappointed but I agree that the restaurant and second hand prices are a joke. I picked up a 15 yr yesterday for retail. When I finish it, the empty bottle will bring a third of the cost of the full bottle. Strange.

I like the Crown brands. Love the Reserve…. It is just perfectly smooth to me and the taste is awesome.
All my opinion though.
That stuff can get costly - especially the reserve .

One of the favorite part time jobs I ever took was at a liquor store up the road from our house when we first got married. I would work there at night and weekends. It was a single - one owner store and the man was cool. He gave me so much help as far as hours when me and the wife were first starting out.
But he taught me a good bit about the liquor biz. Beer, wine, liquors…. It was a lot of work but was interesting to learn.
It isn’t cheap to open a nice liquor store when you do it all. There is a good bit of work in it too. But you don’t get anything on credit in the alcohol industry. Back then it was against the law. Probably still is.
I learned a great deal working for that guy. It was cool.

Back
Top Bottom