• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone have experience suing Georgia Power in small claims court?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that pond was not entirely on your property, then, it would be a state water. I would have called the EPD. Perhaps you did.
Water under the bridge though.

Pics would help a lot here...

I work for Ga Power. I’m just a grunt on the totem pole though... but in my experience, they’ve always repaired a yard that somebody messed up. Are they gonna make it look like Augusta National? Not hardly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I work for Ga. power and have destroyed some yards over the years in storms and replacing bad cables. They have always repaired everything better than it was. Seen the claims person ok an entire yard to be sodded in a trailer park several years ago after a crew got a boom truck stuck in it while replacing a pad mount transformer. Give them a little time. A lot of people not working right now due to this deadly pandemic. Lol

This doesn't give you the whole picture but shows the janky ass "fix" the prison crew contractor thought would be okay. The sod isn't even let in. The nitwits simply raked up some loose clay at the margins of the squares. Still left big clumps and mounds of red clay elsewhere.
IMG_20200804_173259.jpg

This doesn't give you the whole picture but shows the janky ass "fix" the prison crew contractor thought would be okay. The sod isn't even let in. The nitwits simply raked up some loose clay at the margins of the squares. Still left big clumps and mounds of red clay elsewhere.
View attachment 2756075

You need to keep calling... let them know you need it fixed ASAP. they have budgets to fix yards they jack up. They’ll send a landscape crew out to sod it and make it right. I’d bet on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There usually are no tricky rules of evidence and procedure in a Small Claims Court. However, today they might be just as corrupt as the higher courts.

The rules of evidence are the same in small claims court as in any other court. If no lawyer is involved on either side, then they might get a little loose, because no one knows what to expect. If a silk stocking lawyer is present ( which one will be) you can be sure the rules of evidence and procedure will be followed.

View attachment 2756075

Technically speaking, that isn't your property but is the property of the county/city you reside in. A lot of people think that they own to the road, but the fact is you only own to the right of way. The utilities sit inside the right of way which is owned either by the county, city, or state.

That appears to be a subdivision, and I would venture to say that is a 50' right of way, which means if the road is centered in the right of way, your property would begin 25' from the centerline. The right of way could be more or less, and the road may or may not be centered so I wouldn't go to pulling a tape just yet. Your plat will show what the right of way is.

Technically speaking, that isn't your property but is the property of the county/city you reside in. A lot of people think that they own to the road, but the fact is you only own to the right of way. The utilities sit inside the right of way which is owned either by the county, city, or state.

That appears to be a subdivision, and I would venture to say that is a 50' right of way, which means if the road is centered in the right of way, your property would begin 25' from the centerline. The right of way could be more or less, and the road may or may not be centered so I wouldn't go to pulling a tape just yet. Your plat will show what the right of way is.
You'd be guessing wrong. Anyway, not going into minutia here. The COUNTY has an easement or right of way to access the property. They do not "own" it. I can assure you that I pay property taxes on that land. There's a lot of good information in this thread (for which I am grateful) and there is a little rubbish information.

You'd be guessing wrong. Anyway, not going into minutia here. The COUNTY has an easement or right of way to access the property. They do not "own" it. I can assure you that I pay property taxes on that land. There's a lot of good information in this thread (for which I am grateful) and there is a little rubbish information.

Right of way and easements are two different things, I assure you of that. Look at your plat. Your property starts at the right of way, not the road. I spent many of of hours in the deed rooms doing research for property surveys, as well as 17 years in the field and offices of more than one Civil Engineering and Land Surveying companies, but don't take my word for it. You can pull your plat and see where your property starts versus where you may think it starts. Better yet, hire a surveyor and let he/she tell you where your property starts. I would guess your property corner is behind that power box or close to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom