• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone have experience suing Georgia Power in small claims court?

Status
Not open for further replies.

palmettomoon

Army Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
NRA Life Member Wayne LaPierre & Chris Cox Hater
226   0
Reaction score
Can you do that?

I'll likely have to hire a contractor to fix the yard where a Georgia Power contractor dug this week. The 'repair' they made the next day was laughable in the extreme. Even the GA Power landscaping contractor that came by yesterday to see if he could fix the mess said it (the repair) was ludicrous. There doesn't seem to be any sense of urgency on the part of Georgia Power to fix the yard and I am sure as hell not going to fix it. I'm not working now and don't plan to until some time next calendar year, so I have plenty of time to prepare a case (I have video of the damage being done, the laughable repairs, etc., dates, times, names, etc.) and file in magistrate court. I'm curious to know who else may have had to something similar if this is possible? I'll pay a contractor to clean up the mess and re-sod the yard that's damaged and then sue in small claims if the amount is less than $5-7,000.

Where they damaged the yard makes a difference. If it was down the side of the road they will say that is the county right of way. If it was into your yard that is another issue. I haven’t sued a major company in SCC but did a smaller company and was reimbursed what I lost and they got my court cost paid as well.

Where they damaged the yard makes a difference. If it was down the side of the road they will say that is the county right of way. If it was into your yard that is another issue. I haven’t sued a major company in SCC but did a smaller company and was reimbursed what I lost and they got my court cost paid as well.
That doesn't grant permission for an entity to do whatever they want and leave the property in a state of disrepair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom