• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone have experience suing Georgia Power in small claims court?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I couldn’t read through the whole thread moon, but they are regulated by the public service commission and understand that that is a better way to go to make amends. My power comes from an EMC and are unregulated so I got a good screwing. good luck
You may be right, but in the cases that I have used this measure, I got what I wanted almost always within hours.

PS: I got results from Satilla REMC in a similar manner just a week or so ago for spraying herbicide on my property and into my creek without notice, warning, or giving me the Material Safety Data Sheets they are required to have on hand. Their right of way does not include the use of hazardous chemicals.

I talked to a lady today and she kinda had the same experience but with at&t and after she dealt with them awhile, they finally just asked her how much she thought the damages were worth. They wrote her a check just to stay out of court. I imagine ga power would be willing to do the same.

I can't believe they'd bother sending a rep to court over a landscaping bill. They'd likely settle.

This is your answer. Get multiple quotes from landscapers for the repair cost to show Ga Power and they will cut you a check. Be prepared for them dragging their feet but with courts so slow this route will be quicker than trying to sue.

I'd be willing to bet it is on the public right of way and he really has no recourse. I want to see if it is within 15 foot of the road and leeway.
I had the county literally destroy a multi acre backyard pond when they did some work on their sewer right of way. I pitched holy hell, had an attorney write a letter and they basically responded with "pound sand".
Palmetto's situation is different so hopefully it gets resolved.

I had the county literally destroy a multi acre backyard pond when they did some work on their sewer right of way. I pitched holy hell, had an attorney write a letter and they basically responded with "pound sand".
Palmetto's situation is different so hopefully it gets resolved.
Back yard pond? Lawd have mercy I would have been pissed. I'm assuming it was your pond.

Back yard pond? Lawd have mercy I would have been pissed. I'm assuming it was your pond.
Part of it mine (little over an acre) and the rest a home owner's association (that don't even realize they own it). County breached the dam to drain it to get to sewer lines. Long story I won't recount so my blood pressure doesn't go up. Anyway, the pond would have died eventually anyway due to silt build up but they certainly reduced the value of my home at the time.

The damage is within 15 feet of the road, as you'd expect. They made a bloody Holy mess of the dig. For now I trust GPC to fix it or at least make it look better. As mentioned before, they are regulated and just can't go 'round willy nilly tearing the shyte out of people's property. It's not like they are the government.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom