• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone have experience suing Georgia Power in small claims court?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right of way and easements are two different things, I assure you of that. Look at your plat. Your property starts at the right of way, not the road. I spent many of of hours in the deed rooms doing research for property surveys, as well as 17 years in the field and offices of more than one Civil Engineering and Land Surveying companies, but don't take my word for it. You can pull your plat and see where your property starts versus where you may think it starts. Better yet, hire a surveyor and let he/she tell you where your property starts. I would guess your property corner is behind that power box or close to it.
Hey Awesome! Thanks! I see on the plat map that my boundary starts well away from the skreet! That's going to save me some grass cutting and edging! Or, can I send the county a bill for maintenance of their right of way?

LOL!

Hey Awesome! Thanks! I see on the plat map that my boundary starts well away from the skreet! That's going to save me some grass cutting and edging! Or, can I send the county a bill for maintenance of their right of way?

LOL!

Most local gov't have rules that you are responsible for maintaining the street side strip.

Up north you are responsible for shoveling the snow and deicing the sidewalk in front of your house.

I also work for a power company. In my experience we always replace and repair with either sod or grass seed. That being said there is an easement that came with the property to maintain all utilities on the property. The right of way that the cables are on is not your land. That is county right of way. Call the power company and ask for an engineering supervisor. They will fix the situation. Just document it and keep hounding them. Don’t waste your time or money in small claims court. You would be suing a corporation on land that you don’t own. I’ve been down this road a ton of times in my work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom