• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone feeling the need to put up food more the usual?

This one will do. It has the features i was talking about . Not the same as ours....i dont see ours. I will ask the ole lady where she got ours.
This one will work good though.
Ok. Thanks.

You sound kind of like me. My wife has a Prime account, so anytime I need something off of Amazon I get her to order it.

Question, about to do some rice and beans. Pot rice in freezer for 72 hours but the bag sweated like crazy coming out. Seems dry now and have desiccant but waiting for the 2000 absorbers to come in today.

Roll with it or not?

Look up "dry canning" on you tube.

What I've been doing.

Sent me a signal when all the grocery stores ran out of rice and beans at the start of the Covid panic. There was no food supply shortage, what were people thinking.

Dry canning is simple and fool proof.

When the pandemic started, many items disappeared. I tried to watch how fast things got resupplied and what came back and what did not come back. Many of us use the same stuff but we all have certain "tastes". I find that I will buy 2 or more of something that has appeared slow to return to the shelves when I finally see it appear. Another problem is how far away others will come to buy up what you have locally. Several years ago Toledo ohio had water problems. The next day it was difficult to buy bottled water locally and I live 40 miles from Toledo. I'm sure others can point to items that we waited a long time for and probably now have an extra if we are smart.

Better load up on all of the PPE items. There was a surplus on clearance at Sam's Club a few weeks back and hand sanitizer gel was less than $2 for a 12 oz bottle and 50 surgical masks were $9. Haven't seen them since. I bought what I needed and to share. My philosophy is that if I can find what I have been seeking for the past few weeks/months, I will buy it in multiples. I'm still searching for #2 cone paper filters for the coffee maker. If I find them, I'm buying a year plus (100 per pack). And last week I finally found quantities of Beijing pepper sauce for egg rolls- I bought 3 large bottles. It would seem that manufacturers are making some items but not everything. My daughter loves beef stroganoff but the store was out of whole wheat noodles for months. When they got restocked, I bought 6 packs. If we get another lockdown, it might be a good idea to stash some extra TP now that it's plentiful.

By the way for you guys with the food savers - this is a great deal if you're making your own pouches.
I've been buying these in bulk for years.

(The only deal is the roll is too large to fit in the machine (it's 150'). So, I kept the cardboard roll from an empty and put half the roll on the empty, then they fit).
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GG5I5AK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I took your advise back in April when I purchased mine..I have already used 70% of mine, great stuff thanks for the suggestion..

Working on getting the freezer filled up with deer. Still have one more to pick up from processor. Canned goods are not in bad shape; but could always use more.

image.jpg
image.jpg
Way ahead of the curb.

Back
Top Bottom