Anyone asked to serve on a sumbcomittee for the 10 year Deer Management Plan by DNR?

Oh and the spill that, If the sub committee and the upper echelon committee agrees, the DNR will support it for change gets you. Just remember, just b/c the DNR wants to do the right thing and supports something doesn't mean the political process will let the wheels turn. I fully support our DNR, I want the best for the state, but our DNR is so intricately woven into the political process that we can't say what we really think or do what really needs to be done for fear of pissing someone off. That's fact and that's a very slippery slope we are on. We are in bed so deep we can't piss the sheets for fear we'll have to sleep in it! I think our DNR does the best juggling act possible with the limited balls they are afforded. Read that twice, double meaning.
When the head of DNR is an appointed position with no requirements other than connections needed.... well.... you can't expect too much, sadly.

- - - Updated - - -

Just interested, what have you heard elsewhere on the web to this question posed?
Haven't asked anywhere else.

Well here in South Ga we have more than enough deer to go around. Doesnt take long to look on the side of the road and see we have more than enough. What we need is for guys to hunt more for meat than antlers. I honestly think we are over run with does. I think if we went to a 1 buck 2 doe season then we would miss out on having Florida hunters pay our taxes for us to retain our land. I cant see them foolishly paying $10-$15 acre to come up and kill 3 deer. That would be like us paying to go to Disney and only getting to walk in the first 200 yards and not even see the castle or going to the beach for a week and only allowed to hear the waves one day.

Well here in South Ga we have more than enough deer to go around. Doesnt take long to look on the side of the road and see we have more than enough. What we need is for guys to hunt more for meat than antlers. I honestly think we are over run with does. I think if we went to a 1 buck 2 doe season then we would miss out on having Florida hunters pay our taxes for us to retain our land. I cant see them foolishly paying $10-$15 acre to come up and kill 3 deer. That would be like us paying to go to Disney and only getting to walk in the first 200 yards and not even see the castle or going to the beach for a week and only allowed to hear the waves one day.

This is why a county by county or better yet region by region set of regulations should exist. Where you live you have ample food, less overall hunting pressure, more land and therein more deer. The regulations can sustain the 10 does, 2 bucks. Where I live we have no row crop agriculture, hunting pressure is sky high, land is small tracts and therein significantly less deer. We seriously need 2 does, 1 buck.

In areas of the south that are deemed "Too High Doe Populations" it would be nice to have to earn your second buck tag by harvesting two does.

Heck I'd like to just see one to shoot at honestly.
I don't have private land so I hunt lots of wma's. The sad state of the wmas is crazy the dnr can't do anything about cause they don't have enough guys to even enforce it.

Luckly I got the corps permit this year and maybe I'll get a doe this year I hope for 2 but thats highly unlikely.
Honestly I could care less what the horns look like.

So if anyone knows of a place in north east ga that has does I'd gladly shoot does only let me know
I've been out of vension since may and I stretched that meat as far as I could. Luckly I got one roadkill last year that was big so that helped.

I love hearing people talk about being over ran with deer but I'm just not seeing it honestly.

I tell yea if some of these hunting leases offered a discount for doe only members I'd gladly be interested. But driving that far maybe a couple times during a season for a crazy amount isn't happening just for does only.

I know you realize how STUPID our tags are now. There are guys printing out 4 copies of the license. They don't fill in what they are supposed to and if they do they got back ups at home to use when needed.

$$$MONEY$$$ on the telecheck system is always the quick fire answer as to why it's not in place. Well, I don't buy into it for a second. If you are going down the interstate or main state road and pass under an over pass in Mizzou there is a good chance a game warden is on top looking down. Let there be a doe or buck in the back WITHOUT an applied tag and it's a ticket with serious bite.

Our laws are so across the board that they don't have bite and the reduction of wardens means very few will be caught unless they are legitimately turned in on a tip from someone trespassing to get the low down.

As for "10" does, that's absurd. No hunter needs more than 3 does. If the state deer populations explodes the way they say it will then THANK GOD. Maybe we'll see something from the stand every once in a while. Hunter and I saw a grand total of 4 deer last year. 4!!! And before anyone tells me I'm not a good hunter, I'll take that bet. You, me, head to head on your ground or mine. You'll get your butt handed to you or at best tie me.

And now to the BAITING aspect. I am for one of two things, "Either allow it all, sit right on top of it and hammer down or GET RID OF IT all together." Either have baiting or do not allow it under any circumstance. These feel good regulations, out of sight, beyond X number of yards, etc. are a joke!

- - - Updated - - -

And of the items we debate, you'd best find a lot of someone's with a lot of pull and money if you want them changed b/c they are going to the gold dome!

And that's why we need northern ,and southern zones !! Limit should be more southern ,and less northern .

They would still come .They are Floridiots that's what they do.

Back
Top Bottom