Anyone asked to serve on a sumbcomittee for the 10 year Deer Management Plan by DNR?

My main two issues are hunting with a suppressor (allow us to do it) and reducing the number of does to between 4 - 6. The number of bucks is fine, and doe days do not make sense.

I am ok with everything else because I do not think the state has the money to manage on a county by county basis, but regardless hunters should take the responsibility to educate and manage in their own areas.

I definitely do not want to see the following occur:

1. I have done some more research on physical tagging, telecheck, etc., and based on the studies I have read posted by DNR members on GON, they look to be useless. I am fine with the current tagging system, because as well all know if someone is going to cheat, they will cheat.
  2. I do not want to see any reduction in the length of deer hunting season. I enjoy our long season, and I think it gives parents an excellent opportunity to get their children out in the woods on multiple occasions - which is what is all about anyway.

My main two issues are hunting with a suppressor (allow us to do it) and reducing the number of does to between 4 - 6. The number of bucks is fine, and doe days do not make sense.

I am ok with everything else because I do not think the state has the money to manage on a county by county basis, but regardless hunters should take the responsibility to educate and manage in their own areas.

I definitely do not want to see the following occur:

1. I have done some more research on physical tagging, telecheck, etc., and based on the studies I have read posted by DNR members on GON, they look to be useless. I am fine with the current tagging system, because as well all know if someone is going to cheat, they will cheat.
  2. I do not want to see any reduction in the length of deer hunting season. I enjoy our long season, and I think it gives parents an excellent opportunity to get their children out in the woods on multiple occasions - which is what is all about anyway.
Right there with ya'. Thx.

My main two issues are hunting with a suppressor (allow us to do it)
I had never really thought about it but an un-named WRD attendee rightly pointed out "In Georgia, you can legally shoot a person with a suppressor on your firearm... but not a deer." The irony I think was still lost on a few. :tsk:

I had never really thought about it but an un-named WRD attendee rightly pointed out "In Georgia, you can legally shoot a person with a suppressor on your firearm... but not a deer." The irony I think was still lost on a few. :tsk:

Well I guess if said deer were charging you, and you were in fear for your life, you could nail it with the suppressor :D. But yes this is correct, and it applies to hunting all animals in GA. It truly is one of the dumber hunting/firearm laws we have on the books.

Well I guess if said deer were charging you, and you were in fear for your life, you could nail it with the suppressor :D. But yes this is correct, and it applies to hunting all animals in GA. It truly is one of the dumber hunting/firearm laws we have on the books.
It is and the majority of the general public AND hunters don't want it changed. The gentlemen seated next to me informed me he was worried people would poach with them so he was against. I took a deep breathe and as politely as I could explained the other side of the equation. He seemed to get that "never thought about it" look on his face but I'm certain he still thinks it's a bad idea. I can't stand laws that are there under the ASSUMPTION that people are going to break other laws. Just like the you can't carry without a permit during archery and primitive weapons season. Because you know, you just won't be able to control yourself.... :rolleyes:

It is and the majority of the general public AND hunters don't want it changed. The gentlemen seated next to me informed me he was worried people would poach with them so he was against. I took a deep breathe and as politely as I could explained the other side of the equation. He seemed to get that "never thought about it" look on his face but I'm certain he still thinks it's a bad idea. I can't stand laws that are there under the ASSUMPTION that people are going to break other laws. Just like the you can't carry without a permit during archery and primitive weapons season. Because you know, you just won't be able to control yourself.... :rolleyes:

Yep they always bring up poaching which once again takes it to new heights of stupidity. If I was a poacher, I would be sitting here in breathless anticipation to get suppressor hunting legalized so I could then go out and drop $600 - $1K+ all while registering with the federal government to get my tax stamp just so I could shoot a deer a little more quietly. :rolleyes:

The sad part is that we are a "Republican" controlled government, but we still can't get this passed. Throw these sorry RINO bums out on their worthless arses...

Yep they always bring up poaching which once again takes it to new heights of stupidity. If I was a poacher, I would be sitting here in breathless anticipation to get suppressor hunting legalized so I could then go out and drop $600 - $1K+ all while registering with the federal government to get my tax stamp just so I could shoot a deer a little more quietly. :rolleyes:

The sad part is that we are a "Republican" controlled government, but we still can't get this passed. Throw these sorry RINO bums out on their worthless arses...
The VAST majority of our legislatures know little to nothing about firearms and even less about hunting.

The VAST majority of our legislatures know little to nothing about firearms and even less about hunting.

The VAST majority of our legislatures know little to nothing about anything - which is why they are in government in the first place. But this is also why they are supposed to listen to their constituency...

The VAST majority of our legislatures know little to nothing about anything - which is why they are in government in the first place. But this is also why they are supposed to listen to their constituency...
True, bu unfortunately, the loudness of your voice with too many of them is directly related to the thickness of your wallet (and your ability to crack it open).

Back
Top Bottom