• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody pocket carry daily ? What gun and why ?

I pocket carry a S&W Bodyguard in a holster I made a few years ago. Prints as a square in your pocket and when you pull it out the holster part pulls away from the square front piece so you can get a good grip on the pistol. Little tab at the bottom keeps it in your pocket when pulling up.
S&W Bodyguard Holster.jpg
S&W Bodyguard Holster2.jpg
S&W Bodyguard Holster3.jpg

My “always” gun is a KelTec P32 in a DeSantis Nemesis holster. Hides nicely in a front pocket.
Cooler weather coming means one (or two) of my snubbie J-frames in a jacket pocket.

531FCF04-0EA6-42D9-8568-822FE9AEFF28.jpeg

9884509D-5101-41C9-AD70-C519F9DDD4A5.jpeg

Keltec P3AT in DIY pocket holster made from eyeglass case.
Holster dates to the days before Georgia Carry Dot Org succeeded in modifying our state's laws to get rid of the "holster requirement."

But I still like a pocket holster to keep the motion of the gun's muzzle from wearing out my pocket lining.

I do not use a pocket holster out of concern that the gun could go off if something touches the trigger.
This guns got something like a 7 pound, long, double action only, trigger pull.

I pocket carried an LCP II when deep concealment was needed and as a pack up. Carried it with underwood ammo xtreme defenders as i dont trust 380 hollowpoints.

... Otherwise I want 9mm and I want it on my belt. .. I'm much faster out of my holster...

Yeah, I should mention that although I've been using various pocket holsters on .32, .380, and .38 spl. handguns for decades ,

including some very well-made professional leather pocket holsters that cost $80,

I have never found them to be as good (fast, secure, no fumbling) to draw from as compared to a waist holster.

Like my choice in firearm (not very powerful, nor accurate, limited ammo capacity), a pocket holster is my compromise between deadliness and convenience. My use of a pocket holster reflects the same mindset-- I am willing to give up some speed and smoothness on the draw in order to get comfort convenience and very deep concealability that nobody notices.

Back
Top Bottom