• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody experience long term blood pressure drop post COVID-19 vaccine?

Just found this 8 week contract in Macon Trauma/ER Murse Trauma/ER Murse over $43k for 8 weeks! But this is the type of stuff my wife was referring to. Makes her mad that she went back and got her Masters.

1632167396059.png

I've been on a mild dose of Lisinopril HCTZ for a few years, for high blood pressure. My blood pressure is pretty consistently around 130/70 on this med. If I take more of it, I get lightheaded, so doc agreed we're good at that level.

This summer, I had a few episodes, working outside in the heat, where I got really lightheaded. Doesn't usually happen to me. Occurred to me that I hadn't taken my blood pressure in a while. Started taking it for a few days, and it was consistently 110/70. While the lower blood pressure is nice, I hated the dizziness that came with it when exerting myself in the yard. I cut my BP med dose in half, and the BP went up about 10 points on top, and has steadied there, and the lightheaded episodes have gone away.

Being 56 years old, family history of high blood pressure, the last thing you expect is blood pressure to go down and stay down. What the hell is this all about? It occurred to me that this started not long after my second Moderna shot. Okay, weird, maybe linked, maybe not.

Just got off the phone with a long time friend, who experienced exactly the same thing. He's a few years older than me, but same meds for high blood pressure. He said his doc was taking him off his BP meds because he was feeling lightheaded and his blood pressure seems to have dropped. I asked if he had been vaccinated and what vaccine he had gotten. The answer: Yes. Moderna.

Some may read this and think, "Great, the vaccines cure high blood pressure." Unfortunately, the answer may be less positive. Low pressure in people who normally have high blood pressure can be a sign of heart damage or other circulatory ailments..

Anyway, interested to hear from anybody who got vaccinated and experienced a sustained drop in blood pressure.
No but My doctors are “tight lipped “ now after developing Bell’s palsy right after the second shot. I’m now fluent in Gibberish like Evan Baxter in Bruce Almighty.

I've been on a mild dose of Lisinopril HCTZ for a few years, for high blood pressure. My blood pressure is pretty consistently around 130/70 on this med. If I take more of it, I get lightheaded, so doc agreed we're good at that level.

This summer, I had a few episodes, working outside in the heat, where I got really lightheaded. Doesn't usually happen to me. Occurred to me that I hadn't taken my blood pressure in a while. Started taking it for a few days, and it was consistently 110/70. While the lower blood pressure is nice, I hated the dizziness that came with it when exerting myself in the yard. I cut my BP med dose in half, and the BP went up about 10 points on top, and has steadied there, and the lightheaded episodes have gone away.

Being 56 years old, family history of high blood pressure, the last thing you expect is blood pressure to go down and stay down. What the hell is this all about? It occurred to me that this started not long after my second Moderna shot. Okay, weird, maybe linked, maybe not.

Just got off the phone with a long time friend, who experienced exactly the same thing. He's a few years older than me, but same meds for high blood pressure. He said his doc was taking him off his BP meds because he was feeling lightheaded and his blood pressure seems to have dropped. I asked if he had been vaccinated and what vaccine he had gotten. The answer: Yes. Moderna.

Some may read this and think, "Great, the vaccines cure high blood pressure." Unfortunately, the answer may be less positive. Low pressure in people who normally have high blood pressure can be a sign of heart damage or other circulatory ailments.

Anyway, interested to hear from anybody who got vaccinated and experienced a sustained drop in blood pressure.
I am also on Lisinopril (among other BP meds) and had the Moderna.
I haven't noticed any BP changes.
Just another data point.

But I have always (last 8 years, and I suspect earlier) had my BP drop due to physical activity. Just walking for half an hour can drop it from 150/90 to 110/60. Heavier activity can drop it more, which can cause dizziness.
My Cardiologist has also recommended reducing or skipping some meds when it's too low.

Billion, rather than millions.

Same thing happened during the economic crisis in 2008, relative to banks. Federal banking regulators rattled the cages of otherwise conservative banks, which hadn't made a practice of foolish loans: The feds want those banks to loosen credit standards: "Lend more money to less credit-worthy people, or we'll start tightening your ratios so you can't borrow as much from the federal reserve." Truly, hair of the dog that bit me.

We've ceded way too much authority to the federal government, and it's now looming over us in most of the meaningful decisions in our lives.

It's antithetical to the founding principles of the Republic and the Constitution.
When I said millions I was referring to one hospital or a hospital system, but nationally you are right... billions. With the government controlling billions of dollars in reimbursements they have the hospitals by the balls so to speak and can make them comply with whatever mandates they choose to impose.

I understand how Feds are beating hospitals into submussion. What will happen if there is not enough contract stuff to replace those who are fired because of their refusal to take the vax?
It is already happening, every hospital is critically understaffed and it will only get worse with time. My hospital is offering a $25,000 referral bonus for every RN, to get nurses to recruit their friends from other hospitals.

Just found this 8 week contract in Macon Trauma/ER Murse Trauma/ER Murse over $43k for 8 weeks! But this is the type of stuff my wife was referring to. Makes her mad that she went back and got her Masters.

View attachment 3520335
Yep, probably Navicent. Everyone is hurting for staff and it is only going to get worse. I can give them two 12 hour shifts a week, but it will cost them $100 an hour and they have to let me pick the days.

It is already happening, every hospital is critically understaffed and it will only get worse with time. My hospital is offering a $25,000 referral bonus for every RN, to get nurses to recruit their friends from other hospitals.
So, hospitals shutting down, eventully? NG coming in to help?

So, hospitals shutting down, eventully? NG coming in to help?
I know we sometimes shut down teams and close rooms in the ER when we are understaffed, and we have lots of vented ICU holds. There is not enough staffing in the ICU to care for all the patients so we get stuck with them in the ER for days till they get a bed, we are understaffed and overworked. The current situation is unsustainable and eventually they will have to shut down hospitals to consolidate staffing.

I'm not sure what good the NG will do, unless they are licensed doctors or nurses, and if that is the case they should be at their own hospitals taking care of their patients. If they are NG medics we might can use them for medial tech tasks, but it still wont solve staffing issues.

The bottom line is... we are screwed long term; our medical system is imploding.

I understand how Feds are beating hospitals into submussion. What will happen if there is not enough contract stuff to replace those who are fired because of their refusal to take the vax?

I think the Feds are going to beat federal employees into submission too when it comes to getting vaccinated.

Back
Top Bottom