• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Another SHTF question!

Ive broke trigger pins, hammer pins and those stupid retainer pins on the ar-15.

Don't want to be the voice of dissent, but I have been shooting M4s at work for years while on active duty and have even served as the armorer. I have never heard of or seen someone breaking pins who was doing what they were supposed to be doing with the rifle. Normal operation using expected ammunition simply doesn't break pins. I imagine that if this has happened to you more than once, then your rifle is either of shoddy craftsmanship or is experiencing stress that is not normally expected.

But for the question at hand, I would almost certainly choose the AR platform if for no other reason than I am a patriotic American. Choosing the AK for anything seems blasphemous. (the fact that the AK is a foreign weapon could also have something to do with the lower part availability in the U.S.)

I am taking my AR and packing my 10 mags and the ammo i have stocked up. Then as i shoot the bastards down one by one i will have plenty or AKs and ammo when the time arises .

sig 556.....its both!

X2. Here's my truck gun. I prefer the pistol version for a "get me home " gun because I could fire from my vehicle, or conceal somewhat under a jacket. At the house it's all AR's.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351363968887.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351363968887.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 13
Back
Top Bottom