• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SashaTheBear17

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
23   0
Reaction score
Anyone have a good ankle holster recommendation for LEO backup gun use?
G43 is our official duty back up gun, need something with a retention strap, and something that isn't going to bounce around as I run.

I'm looking at Gould and Goodrich holsters, cooks holsters, and a few others...

I had an ankle holster for a Glock 26 several years ago. I did not ever have the calf strap to help hold it up. I regret that. I eventually sold the holster.
it would constantly slide down as low as it could go on my ankle basically resting on the top of my shoe and therefore the bottom inch and a half of the holster was visible to anybody especially when I was sitting .

my advice is if you get an ankle holster , get the retention strap that goes around your upper calf just below your knee .

When I carried on my ankle (mandated by dept SOP at that time) I used an Uncle Mikes Like this:

https://www.glockstore.com/Uncle-Mikes-Ankle-Holster

ximages.wholesalehunter.com_prodpics_UNCANKLE.jpg

Great holster, relatively cheap, good weather/sweat resistant material.

I now carry on my concealable vest and like that much better.

I am on my 3rd Galco Ankle glove holster. You will forget you are wearing it with the Glock 43. Get the strap and you can run without it coming off. Mine has a Glock 30s in it everyday, all day. Before that it was a G27. It is pricey, but the comfort makes it worth it.

The bug carrier is pretty neat, but we have outer vest carriers so its not feasible.

Gould’s boot holster is really nice, but super expensive. I’m leaning more towards that holster than any other.

Cooks holsters don’t lace in like Gould’s, but they are made with kydex and the owner of the company can make them with kydex retention straps.

I’m gonna check out galco next

Back
Top Bottom