Am I allowed to drive this car?

"Cause i went to pick it up three weeks ago and it wouldnt crank "

Any car you buy is automatically covered by your ins for 30 days
So if you crash it on the way home from buying it
Youre covered

Most but not all . . . . with the big carriers anyway, (probably not with that cut-rate insurance lol, have to check those case by case) . . . and State Farm is only 14 days.

http://onlinemvd.dor.ga.gov/vinstatuscheck/vinstatus.aspx

^ and if you want to know what the state thinks about your insurance and whether your covered then there's a nifty little tool ^

. . . it's only the ones who habitually drive without it that irritate me . . . it's why we all have to pay extra for "uninsured motorist" coverage . . . because even if they get a ticket after they hit you, you're still out . . .

Most but not all . . . . with the big carriers anyway, (probably not with that cut-rate insurance lol, have to check those case by case) . . . and State Farm is only 14 days.

http://onlinemvd.dor.ga.gov/vinstatuscheck/vinstatus.aspx

^ and if you want to know what the state thinks about your insurance and whether your covered then there's a nifty little tool ^

. . . it's only the ones who habitually drive without it that irritate me . . . it's why we all have to pay extra for "uninsured motorist" coverage . . . because even if they get a ticket after they hit you, you're still out . . .

True

Each company and policy may be different

Most policies automatically cover newly purchased vehicles for a reasonable length of time
Usually 30 days. Some
May be shorter

Which means the vehicle is covered

I hate the tards who drive with no ins too

And there are some loopholes you can exploit if you have to

With most policies any licensed driver using your car is covered by your policy Without being ON your policy as long as they dont live in the same household

If your son daughter brother whatever lives at the same address as you they MUST be listed as a driver on your policy

However if the address on their DL is different from yours
They are do not have to be listed as a driver on your policy to be covered

I've used this loophole in the past

When I was under 21 with a Trans Am and a couple speeding tickets

I couldn't get ins from any company at any price

I was already moved out and living on my own
And had a different address on my DL

My dad called his ins co and Told them I wanted to sell my car and he wanted to let me drive one of his until I bought another car
And did I need to be added to the policy?

"nope, as long as he does not live at the same address as you , he doesn't need to be listed on your policy"

So I sold my trans Am to my father and borrowed it for a while .....

Tricky? Yes.
But I didn't want to drive a vehicle with no ins coverage and this was the only way I could get it

This was before I started working with the GA state parks
Run by the DNR.

Parks wore the same uniform as Game and Fish law enforcement
Just no badge and gun

I never got a ticket wearing that uniform
Didn't matter how fast I was driving

Soon as the cop walked up and saw the shirt ,
half the time they didn't even ask for my DL. Theyd just tell me to slow down and get back in their car and leave

Got nabbed one time doing 71 in a 55, in the rain, passing a school bus, on a bridge .

One look at the shirt and he got back in his car and left

And the
Tag applied for

Is a crock of BS
You don't apply for a tag. You walk in and register your vehicle and they hand you the plate right then

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom