Am I allowed to drive this car?

mommycracked.net_wp_content_uploads_2011_07_232323232fp733_7_neb1d4f71497002d90a0e0db944685caa.jpg

Yep. When the dealers paid off the legislature to get the sales tax brought back on private sales.

They also got the 30 day window shortened to 7 days for private sales. But they still get 30 days

Anyhoo keep your bill of sale and ins policy with you and if you get stopped you won't get a ticket. And if you do get a ticket the judge will dismiss it

Also a bill of sale is easy to print on your computer
So if It does take longer than 7 days to get emissions test
Just keep and "updated" bill of sale in the car to avoid a ticket

I've never gotten stopped for having no plate

I have gotten stopped many times for an expired plate on a vehicle I just bought
Or one that I forgot to stick the decal on

Yep. When the dealers paid off the legislature to get the sales tax brought back on private sales.

They also got the 30 day window shortened to 7 days for private sales. But they still get 30 days

Anyhoo keep your bill of sale and ins policy with you and if you get stopped you won't get a ticket. And if you do get a ticket the judge will dismiss it

Also a bill of sale is easy to print on your computer
So if It does take longer than 7 days to get emissions test
Just keep and "updated" bill of sale in the car to avoid a ticket

I've never gotten stopped for having no plate

I have gotten stopped many times for an expired plate on a vehicle I just bought
Or one that I forgot to stick the decal on

Except you'll get asked why you've been paying for insurance on a vehicle you didnt even own yet ..... hmmm ... no good answer yet lol

Try to give some pretty generous leniency though ... That stupid tax caught me off guard when it first went into effect .... did a title for title trade then they wanted $425 to register it when I went to get a tag,..... laughed and told them I would be back in couple weeks .... :/ s**** happens ...

"Cause i went to pick it up three weeks ago and it wouldnt crank "

I just use a policy from another one of my other cars

To show I actually have ins
Any car you buy is automatically covered by your ins for 30 days
So if you crash it on the way home from buying it
Youre covered

As long as the cop figures out you actually have ins on some other car and you have a paper that shows you bought this one less than 7 days ago you ain't getting a ticket and if you did , any judge would dismiss it

Back
Top Bottom