• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Aliens definitely exist, say legitimate scientists

I on the other hand agree with Mark Twain. "God was so disapointed with man he made the monkey" The entire alien quest is yet another in a long line of wishful ventures. Scientists if proof of alien life is ever found will say "this proves God does not exist, or the Intelligent design crowd will have to scramble to explain away this one" Interesting to consider but much ado about nothing.

We haven't "figured out" anything....it's just that your reliable inability to trust anything, however insignificant, and demand a preponderance of evidence is humorous.

I honestly don't know what you're getting at here. A scientist does some math and says aliens are a mathematical certainty. Ok...great. What should my reaction be? I would agree...the numbers do indicate that alien life is mathematically certain. It's also mathematically certain that $2 + $2 = $4...but that doesn't put $4 in my pocket.

You seem to really be enjoying this and for the life if me, I can't figure out why.

I smell an "overly rude" comment coming...lol I want to see Dunkel do the "math" calculations of Michio and explain them since he has said they are legit............waiting.

Waiting on what? The math is pretty straight forward and simple. Assign whatever small chance of life you want as one variable...then calculate in the number of planets...the number is either 0 or greater than zero. Seems pretty clear the number is greater than 0. That probability says nothing about how much alien life there is or the nature of that life...just that it's mathematically certain that the chances of life aren't 0.

- - - Updated - - -

You care to explain that?

See above.

I on the other hand agree with Mark Twain. "God was so disapointed with man he made the monkey" The entire alien quest is yet another in a long line of wishful ventures. Scientists if proof of alien life is ever found will say "this proves God does not exist, or the Intelligent design crowd will have to scramble to explain away this one" Interesting to consider but much ado about nothing.

The discovery of alien life would in no way "disprove" some sort of "divine creation" or "intelligent design".

the problem is , you like to look at what you type so you continiously do so and under the delusion that anyone gives a **** about what
you have to say.

If it was important , I would be reading what you write from a different source other than a vbulliten message board.

and stuckon8, do you wash your hands after holding dunkles nuts all day or is that where your screen name comes from.

**** reminds me of dumb and dumber, if dunkles post, you can rest assured that stuckon will be close by holding the others sack with something to say.

Don't be jealous, you can have some attention also just keep posting insults and going off on rabbit trails from the OP. I think I posted first here not that it matters so who's nuts are you talking about? not that I care about talking about nuts but since you brought it up. I am sure that you are not this limited on expressing what you want to say on the other hand you may be as I do not know you. I do not get all of my sources form PMSNBC and share them with the world so maybe this is why my post count is inferior to yours...lol Back to topic please.

the problem is , you like to look at what you type so you continiously do so and under the delusion that anyone gives a **** about what
you have to say.

If it was important , I would be reading what you write from a different source other than a vbulliten message board.

Um...I take it this part was aimed at me?

Back
Top Bottom