• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Aliens definitely exist, say legitimate scientists

I guess what's some what interesting about the "well the odds are...." argument is... says what facts? To use that argument (which I myself have used) is to suggest we KNOW the odds of a planet 'spontaneously generating life'. We don't. We don't even have the slightest clue. But for the sake of discussion, let's say it was one in a 'gazillion'. And we KNEW there were two gazillion planets out there (forget for a second how many would need to have an atmosphere and surface to support life as we know it). Then you could say with some level of meaning that "odds are there is life on another planet". We don't know what the odds of life starting on any one planet are nor do we know how many planets exist so how can we say "odds are"?

I'm not really sure what you guys thing you figured out or whatever...evidence is evidence. Doing math and saying that the numbers add up is not "evidence". I can do some math and figure out how much money it'd take to buy a private island...but that doesn't make it a reality.

If and when we get real evidence for alien life, I will believe in aliens. Until then, I'll look at the arguments, like this guy's math, and say "yup...it's probably out there...now we just need to find it".

I'm not really sure what you guys thing you figured out or whatever...evidence is evidence. Doing math and saying that the numbers add up is not "evidence". I can do some math and figure out how much money it'd take to buy a private island...but that doesn't make it a reality.

If and when we get real evidence for alien life, I will believe in aliens. Until then, I'll look at the arguments, like this guy's math, and say "yup...it's probably out there...now we just need to find it".
We haven't "figured out" anything....it's just that your reliable inability to trust anything, however insignificant, and demand a preponderance of evidence is humorous.

We haven't "figured out" anything....it's just that your reliable inability to trust anything, however insignificant, and demand a preponderance of evidence is humorous.

I smell an "overly rude" comment coming...lol I want to see Dunkel do the "math" calculations of Michio and explain them since he has said they are legit............waiting.

I smell an "overly rude" comment coming...lol I want to see Dunkel do the "math" calculations of Michio and explain them since he has said they are legit............waiting.

the problem is , you like to look at what you type so you continiously do so and under the delusion that anyone gives a **** about what
you have to say.

If it was important , I would be reading what you write from a different source other than a vbulliten message board.

and stuckon8, do you wash your hands after holding dunkles nuts all day or is that where your screen name comes from.

**** reminds me of dumb and dumber, if dunkles post, you can rest assured that stuckon will be close by holding the others sack with something to say.

Back
Top Bottom